Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 12:24 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,826,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk9gs View Post
Hi Cindy! Good to hear from you and it's been a while! I hope all is well!

Hating the WI weather. For all those in FL it's been in the 40's and 50's and rainly all week. Supposed to get into the 30's tonight.

The good news is that I'll be in PGI next week I hope the fishing is good!
Even though our winter was too horrible--I still can't stand the thought of another one. Good Lord! LOL

I'm super jealous that your going to PGI. LOLOLOL
Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 01:49 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,860,365 times
Only one more Wis winter for me to live through!! Sorry Cindy, don't mean to rub it in. This "spring" has been horrid. IT WILL NOT STOP RAINING!!!!!!!! Raining and 40 is no way to live through April.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:58 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,826,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Only one more Wis winter for me to live through!! Sorry Cindy, don't mean to rub it in. This "spring" has been horrid. IT WILL NOT STOP RAINING!!!!!!!! Raining and 40 is no way to live through April.
I saw a sign at a church the other day. It said : "Whoever is praying for rain, please stop!!" LOLOLOLOL

Yes, and stop rubbing it in mrs.cool LOLOLOL

Old 05-06-2017, 09:16 PM

133 posts, read 171,033 times
Like everywhere else, there is good and bad about Florida. It just depends on your list of "must haves." Weather is usually way up on the list and anything to do with water is up there, too. Lifestyle is more relaxed, casual and slower paced. That being said the job situation is bad unless you are in healthcare or customer service (fast food). Pay is less too. As an RN I would have to take a healthy pay cut to live here full time. Car insurance is considerably more as are groceries, homeowners insurance and water bills. Bottom line is that I dont care.....there is something to be said about wearing flip flops year round, sitting on a beach or fishing off my dock whenever i have the inclination. No snow shoveling and no driving on icy roads. Also being from Chicago lower real estate taxes, no state tax and fewer shootings 2 years until retirement....

Old 05-07-2017, 01:07 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,011,863 times
My husband and I were lucky enough to extend our careers in Florida and will retire exactly where we live and work now. I feel extremely blessed and can't imagine ever leaving Florida.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 AM

306 posts, read 387,514 times
Default Fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
My husband and I were lucky enough to extend our careers in Florida and will retire exactly where we live and work now. I feel extremely blessed and can't imagine ever leaving Florida.
That's exactly our hope/plan. We both work in IT and can technically work from anywhere. Wife may have to change roles, but can probably stay with the same company.

I "should" be able to go remote, but we'll see.

Otherwise, it's job search time again!

8 years to retirement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte