Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 01:36 PM

33 posts, read 36,941 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,

Anyone like to offer their thoughts on living in Ft Myers Beach? The usual stuff, safety, convenience, walkability (or bikeability), traffic, crowds, crime, cost of renting, etc.....

Plan to visit there to see what I can see, but seeing doesn't tell the whole story. Would like to hear opinions from those who have spent some time there.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 01:49 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,432,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdweller View Post
Greetings all,

Anyone like to offer their thoughts on living in Ft Myers Beach? The usual stuff, safety, convenience, walkability (or bikeability), traffic, crowds, crime, cost of renting, etc.....

Plan to visit there to see what I can see, but seeing doesn't tell the whole story. Would like to hear opinions from those who have spent some time there.

Thanks

You may get better information in the: Ft. Myers/Cape Coral forum

Old 05-06-2017, 05:31 PM

57 posts, read 62,924 times
From the news every night it appears they have plenty of crime to go around.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:59 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,964,931 times
Ft Myers Beach is hell for traffic, and the road construction is never-ending. And a developer wants to build more hotels right next to the north bridge, which will make things even worse.
When we go down there to visit friends, we ride bikes everywhere due to the traffic. After a few days there, we're sick of the place. But that's just our feelings on it. Fun for a few days, then ready to get home to Englewood.
Like Quilter said, you'll get more replies from the Ft Myers forum

Old 05-07-2017, 04:03 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,224,382 times
Just driving through there at different times of the day and night are enough to make me stay away completely. There are way too many other places to live,eat,shop,etc....that aren't that crowded.

Almost, but not there yet.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:23 PM

407 posts, read 825,299 times
I'm not sure if you are looking to live year round or seasonal/vacation, but Estero Island is centered around tourism. Beautiful place! Just very busy and congested. Traffic in season is out of control. Can take 45 min to an hour in stop and go traffic to get back onto the island.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 AM

33 posts, read 36,941 times
Quilter, you are right. Don't know how I missed the Ft Myers category. Duh!

Anyway, after a visit yesterday afternoon, I think Jazzman is right. It was nice overall, but I can imagine it being unbelievably frustrating in season. Might have to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 PM

138 posts, read 127,729 times
My Sister lived near Fort Meyer beach for awhile in a trailer park.It was a terrific place with many terrific people.The down side,TRAFFIC! Trying to get out of the park during season was a nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte