Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 03:10 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,123 times

Advertisements

A 26-year veteran was named the next Punta Gorda police chief.

City Manager Howard Kunik announced Monday that Pamela Davis will start her role Jan. 2.

Davis is the director of the Professional Development and Training Academy for the Baltimore Police Department.

Before that, she was with the Anne Arundel County Police Department for 23 years, where she started as a patrol officer and eventually became deputy chief of police.

“I was impressed with her genuine demeanor and overall leadership and technical skills that will enable her to re-energize the department within as well as our extensive partnerships with the community," Kunik said. "Pam is well prepared to step into the
position and re-elevate our Police Department to pinnacle

Statement from Davis:
"It is an absolute honor to be selected as the chief of police for the City of Punta Gorda. One of the things I am most excited about Punta Gorda, is the active engagement between community members, business leaders, and city government. I am eager to be a part of that interaction and to be a part of such a wonderful, vibrant community. With this position comes tremendous responsibility and accountability that I am fully prepared to undertake. I look forward to leading a progressive Punta Gorda Police Department that will continue to focus on providing quality customer service."

She was selected from eight finalists to replace Tom Lewis, who was fired in August for his role in the death of Mary Knowlton, who was shot and killed by an officer during a Chamber of Commerce "shoot, don't shoot" demonstration in 2015.

NBC-2 TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 06:25 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Good luck Chief. She appears to have a good resume.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:33 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
From Baltimore? Current murder capital of the US? Where Freddie Gray died while in police custody? Where parts of the city are effectively locked down at night?

Sorry, not a recommendation.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
From Baltimore? Current murder capital of the US? Where Freddie Gray died while in police custody? Where parts of the city are effectively locked down at night?

Like all major cities, Baltimore has always had its problems. Things have been worsened by the mayor's "Stand Down" order to the police, effectively tying their hands. Problems have gotten incredibly worst in the past few years.
That being said, even thought she was an officer in the county I lived in, I couldn't tell you anything about her. Maybe that's good??

Old 11-21-2017, 10:00 PM

Punta Gorda Police Department

The Police Department has 49 total employees, broken down into the following positions:

Chief of Police
Captains (2)
Lieutenants (7)
Patrol Officers (16)
School Resource Officers (3)
Marine Officer (1)
Detectives (3)
Property & Evidence Technician (1)
Accreditation Manager (1)
Records Clerks (3)
Executive Assistant (1)
Communications Supervisor (1)
Telecommunicators (9)

http://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/government/police

Old 11-22-2017, 05:29 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post

Superman, along with the Marines couldn't solve Baltimores problem. Residents have to get up and go to work instead of moping around and selling drugs and gangbanging The new Chief worked in Baltimore for 3 years and 23 as a County Police officer. I hope she succeeds.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:43 PM

202 posts, read 227,517 times
I read a little about the new Chief. She is well educated, experienced and has spent a lot of time training police officers. Good luck Chief it appears that the town fathers have chosen well.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:14 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Superman, along with the Marines couldn't solve Baltimores problem. Residents have to get up and go to work instead of moping around and selling drugs and gangbanging The new Chief worked in Baltimore for 3 years and 23 as a County Police officer. I hope she succeeds.
Amen to that!

Old 11-24-2017, 02:00 PM

I would like to see the Punta Gorda police department reestablished to become a well run and effective small town police agency.

Re-establishing the rank of sergeant may be a good start.

We don't need to design America's police departments right here in PG. We just need our own small police force to take good care of the city.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:11 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I would like to see the Punta Gorda police department reestablished to become a well run and effective small town police agency.

Re-establishing the rank of sergeant may be a good start.

We don't need to design America's police departments right here in PG. We just need our own small police force to take good care of the city.
Odd to see no sargeants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: