Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2022, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,979 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I wonder whether anybody could give me the benefit of their experience of building in Rotonda?

I am from the UK and looking initially to purchase a lot with a view to building on it in a year or so.

I have seen a few comments on here that suggest it isn't a good idea to build in Oakland Hills, due to the fact that other houses in this area were amongst the first built and the area is not so desirable as the recent additions. I also understand that building in Oakland Hills might ultimately be more expensive due to the need for a stem wall, septic tank and so on.

I would welcome any guidance from those familiar with Rotonda as to whether I should realistically be looking at other areas within the Rotonda or immediately surrounding it. I like the look of some of the lots in Rotonda Lakes and Rotonda Heights but have some concerns about building a house and leaving it for much of the year without neighbours around it.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 04:34 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
Hi James, I am also from the Uk (kent )and build homes in Rotonda . in my humble opinion, no. OH is indeed in the 'historic' section (older) and a home would not hold the same value as the newer parts.

The Heights is being besieged, with cheaper homes and again my opinion the Lakes is nicer. HOWEVER the lots are only 60' wide and you really need 2.

its a case of judging , initial cost V floor requirements (stem wall) , mini sewer and any other 'abnormal' lot costs to get an end figure.

good luck

Old 03-21-2022, 06:37 AM

Many thanks for your swift reply. I too am from Kent (Sevenoaks)!

Yes this was what was bothering me about a lot in OH the price of which seemed otherwise too good to be true. I thought there must be a catch.

Would I be right in thinking that the minimum lot size I need for a standard 3/4 bedroom with pool is 80 x 120?

Also, would you be in a position to conduct a feasibility assessment in relation to whatever lot I find? Obviously I would pay you for this, and it would give me a little peace of mind to know that somebody who knows what they are talking about has taken a look at it.

Thanks again.

James

Last edited by jpholland1978; 03-21-2022 at 06:47 AM..

Old 03-21-2022, 01:30 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
we were neighbors, I'm from Tonbridge

I cannot give my details out in public or i get told off for soliciting , but happy to help if you send me a private message

Old 03-22-2022, 02:40 AM

Thank you, appreciated, I shall send you a private message a little later.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:55 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
we were neighbors, I'm from Tonbridge

I cannot give my details out in public or i get told off for soliciting , but happy to help if you send me a private message
Hahaha stay out of trouble Pete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte