U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,898,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hi loobee,

Welcome to the board. I started this thread a long time ago when I was first learning and exploring the idea about moving to this area. I learned a lot of things along the way. The posters here helped me a ton! I would be happy to tell you more.

There is a tremendous amount to learn here. I wrote kept a summary post (which was deleted). If you're interested I can direct message it to you.

There are a lot of great towns and places to buy a home down here, and the prices are really low. It is impossible with all the constant termoil and stories in the news about more foreclosures hitting the market to determine if the market has reached the bottom or not, but I think it has. It is bouncing on it now, and maybe just maybe beginning to improve. So, if you're serious about buying and holding for a while, I would say . . . think long and hard, . . . take your time (the houses you don't know you want yet - will still be here when you're ready), . . . and ask a lot of questions here, and do a lot of reading.

I would go to the Sarasota board, we have a lot of great posters there, including myself and SoFLGal and others, and will be happy to reply to any questions you have. Our board has a wealth of information for those that are looking to move to SWFL (which is a wonderful place to retire).
We have vacationed on the Treasure Coast and will probably retire there. But I still haven't ruled out SWFL. However, whenever I ask people on the east coast about the west coast their advice is to stay away because the traffic is horrendous and the heat is more oppressive than on the east coast. Is there really that much of a difference between east coast and west coast traffic and heat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 AM

27 posts, read 39,757 times
Anyone know the Deep Creek Sub 33983

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 PM

6,695 posts, read 12,077,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdun1 View Post
Anyone know the Deep Creek Sub 33983
What specifically did you want to know about it?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,124 times
can anyone tell me where the closest beaches are to the Deep creek area - in particular Salvador Drive

Old 03-16-2011, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,027 times
If anyone knows a responsible person or couple that would like to rent my condo unit annually I would appreciate hearing back. It is located in The Newport Condo's at 175 Kings Highway. The unit is fully furnished and 1,250 sq. ft living space. It is available ASAP. Anyone interested can email me at (Rrome@aol.com). Thank you.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 788 times
TGA is horrific, a couple months ago there was an home invasion. If you have any doubt then go to the Circle K on 41 right in TGA, you can watch the trash going in and out all day long. Move to a place with deed restrictions of some kind. If you don't then anything goes , and You will regret it.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 AM

5,634 posts, read 7,820,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridarocks View Post
TGA is horrific, a couple months ago there was an home invasion. If you have any doubt then go to the Circle K on 41 right in TGA, you can watch the trash going in and out all day long. Move to a place with deed restrictions of some kind. If you don't then anything goes , and You will regret it.
Where is TGA? I live in the Isle, and it is a fantastic place. There is crime everywhere, but relatively little crime here! The only Circle K on 41 is near Aqui Esta, and you won't see anything like what you described there. You must be talking way outside of town somewhere.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 AM

36 posts, read 28,532 times
TGA= Tropical Gulf Acres....south of Jones Loop (South Punta Gorda)

Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM

5,634 posts, read 7,820,832 times
WOW! This is an old thread! I started this when I was first looking down here! I got a tremendous amount of help so I could find the perfect place for me to live.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 AM

1,188 posts, read 847,292 times
It's so cute! It's like seeing baby pictures of you. . . as a really BIG baby! 110,000 hits? I am certainly impressed. I will have to ready this whole thread one day on one of my many plane rides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte