Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 05:55 AM

181 posts, read 453,480 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if Deep Creeck Gardens in Punta Gorda is a good place to buy property? please let me have any opinions on this area as well as areas or communities to avoid. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 07:12 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
"Good place to buy property" is kinda vague. What kind of things do you like to do? Do you have kids? It really depends on what you're looking for as to if DC would be a good fit. There are some great deals in there right now-many foreclosures. The more info you can give on your requirements the better

Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,027 times
Deep Creek Gardens is nice. But if I was looking for a condo in Deep Creek I believe I'd look at the properties that are located by the golf course. The pricing is similar. Deep Creek Gardens are close to 75, Kings Highway, and right on Sandhill, so the traffic noise may be an issue...
Check out Serenity, Player Club, Lake Rio town homes, there are other... These properties will back up to the golf course, and be away from the traffic noise of 75.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
Deep Creek Gardens is nice. But if I was looking for a condo in Deep Creek I believe I'd look at the properties that are located by the golf course. The pricing is similar.
Thanks for the info. I know that people are very sensitive when it comes to the housing crisis, but I believe that I will sooner or later be able to find a good buy (condo/town home, perhaps 2/2 but not single residential as I live in South Africa) in a good area for less than $55k cash. The only requirement is that it should be in a good and safe area. I'm not too concerned with what I wish to do with the property at this stage, schools etc. If I have to lock it and leave it, offer it to fiends now and then or rent it to snow birds, that's all OK.
I recently visited Punta Gorda and I'm not far from my goal. Any other options or comments will be highly appreciated....

Last edited by vegasboy; 10-03-2008 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 10-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Here are some ideas for condos under $55K:
Oxford House in Port Charlotte
Essex House in Port Charlotte
Berkley House in Port Charlotte
Maria Manor in Port Charlotte
Lake Rio Town homes in Deep Creek
Deep Creek Gardens in Deep Creek
Bimini Bay in Port Charlotte
Birchwood in Port Charlotte
Sandhill Pines in Port Charlotte
Sarasota Palms in Sarasota
Village Brooke in Sarasota
Admirals Walk in Sarasota

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:53 AM

Default I did it, thanks to this website

......I agree that SoFlGal is a go-getter and if it wasn't for the fact that I committed to a South West Florida agent before I started receiving valuable information from her, I probably would have gone with her. Thanks SoFlGal! I am however very thankful for the great service I received from the agent who sold me this property.

I managed to buy a property in Deep Creek, a cash deal which made things easier as banks are not too keen to help FN at this stage. I will be traveling there two weeks from now for closing.

This website has been of enormous help and I would like to thank all that helped me over the months. Greg Traub from Orlando played an extremely important role and although I couldn't eventually buy in Orlando, I am indebted to his kindness and patience. I met Greg on this (Orlando) forum. He is a person of integrity and even fetched me at the airport when I traveled from South Africa to view properties in Florida.

Websites as these are a portal to the world outside to gain information. Please be patient with FN's who sometimes seem to be asking dumb questions. I must say that I had may share of posters with bad attitudes but hey, they're all over the world..

Hopefully this is the first property of many more to come. Thank you once again. Roy

Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasboy View Post
......I agree that SoFlGal is a go-getter and if it wasn't for the fact that I committed to a South West Florida agent before I started receiving valuable information from her, I probably would have gone with her. Thanks SoFlGal! I am however very thankful for the great service I received from the agent who sold me this property.

I managed to buy a property in Deep Creek, a cash deal which made things easier as banks are not too keen to help FN at this stage. I will be traveling there two weeks from now for closing.

This website has been of enormous help and I would like to thank all that helped me over the months. Greg Traub from Orlando played an extremely important role and although I couldn't eventually buy in Orlando, I am indebted to his kindness and patience. I met Greg on this (Orlando) forum. He is a person of integrity and even fetched me at the airport when I traveled from South Africa to view properties in Florida.

Websites as these are a portal to the world outside to gain information. Please be patient with FN's who sometimes seem to be asking dumb questions. I must say that I had may share of posters with bad attitudes but hey, they're all over the world..

Hopefully this is the first property of many more to come. Thank you once again. Roy
Thank you, Roy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte