Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 PM

321 posts, read 1,029,255 times

Advertisements

Are you a Rays Fan?! Ok, even if you aren't... maybe you just enjoy inexpensive entertainment for the family...

A High-A farm team for the ALCS Champion Tampa Bay Rays will be coming to Charlotte County in 2009... the Charlotte Stone Crabs! Rumour has it that #1 draft pick Tim Beckham will be playing there... and they are offering up amazing ticket deals. Per game pricing comes out to less than $5. If you sign up for Stone Crab tix, you also get dibs on Rays Spring Training tix. Check it out... and I'll see you there! Go Rays! Go Stone Crabs!

stonecrabsbaseball.com: Under Construction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
Are you a Rays Fan?! Ok, even if you aren't... maybe you just enjoy inexpensive entertainment for the family...

A High-A farm team for the ALCS Champion Tampa Bay Rays will be coming to Charlotte County in 2009... the Charlotte Stone Crabs! Rumour has it that #1 draft pick Tim Beckham will be playing there... and they are offering up amazing ticket deals. Per game pricing comes out to less than $5. If you sign up for Stone Crab tix, you also get dibs on Rays Spring Training tix. Check it out... and I'll see you there! Go Rays! Go Stone Crabs!

stonecrabsbaseball.com: Under Construction

That is the first I've heard of that. I just bought a house in PGI, so I may check it out! Cool!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
That is the first I've heard of that. I just bought a house in PGI, so I may check it out! Cool!
Oh my goodness, absolutey! Spring training for the Rays followed by a Ripken-owned farm team. Good stuff... the renovations to the stadium look fantastic so far!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,584 times
This is good news. Hope the Rays pull out tonight's game. 2 - 2 bottom of the 6th in weather that reminds me why I live in SW Florida!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
This is good news. Hope the Rays pull out tonight's game. 2 - 2 bottom of the 6th in weather that reminds me why I live in SW Florida!
No doubt... they are pulling the tarp out now... just when our bats were getting hot...

Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 AM

960 posts, read 1,687,449 times
Most definately will be going to see a Stone Crabs game and hopefully seeing a Rays spring training game!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness, absolutey! Spring training for the Rays followed by a Ripken-owned farm team. Good stuff... the renovations to the stadium look fantastic so far!
Does he own the Stone Crabs. I know he owns a couple teams including the Aberdeen Iron Birds (its in his home town, he's known as the Iron man, and the Birds are the Orioles) I've always liked the name of his team. So, I'd like to see them!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Does he own the Stone Crabs. I know he owns a couple teams including the Aberdeen Iron Birds (its in his home town, he's known as the Iron man, and the Birds are the Orioles) I've always liked the name of his team. So, I'd like to see them!
Yes, the Charlotte County Stone Crabs is one of the three professional teams owned/operated by Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen and Augusta are the other 2).

Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, the Charlotte County Stone Crabs is one of the three professional teams owned/operated by Ripken Baseball (Aberdeen and Augusta are the other 2).
They do a nice job, in Aberdeen they have a first class facility. The built a park that is a lot like Oriole Park at Camden Yards. They built a Marriott hotel in back of the out field, like the Warehouse at Camden Yards.

If Tampa wins the the postponed game, it will be back to Florida for the final game! Dat'ell make ya happy!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM

23 posts, read 93,819 times
Default Sorry but....

GO PHILLIES I know, I'm moving to Florida, but in the meantime, I grew up near Philly and they're my home town team!

My friend who lives is Tampa also told me that the Rays are in negotiations to move to Port Charlotte...mainly because they voted down the new stadium. More than likely, they will stay put...we saw the Phillies threaten with a move to Camden,NJ (across the river from where they are now) and then Phila. City Council decided to build them Citizens Bank Park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte