Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times

Advertisements

As I was reading the earlier posts, I was wondering why BH kept telling how he had such great pictures, but didn't post them! I'm glad you finally did, they're awesome! I vote for Sunset.
Remember how the sunshines and y'all said we should go to Joe Crackers sometime while we were down? Well, we were there THREE times last week!! LOVED IT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
As I was reading the earlier posts, I was wondering why BH kept telling how he had such great pictures, but didn't post them! I'm glad you finally did, they're awesome! I vote for Sunset.
Remember how the sunshines and y'all said we should go to Joe Crackers sometime while we were down? Well, we were there THREE times last week!! LOVED IT!!
I know, I know, I've been very neglectful! I have to take my daughter to the airport in a few minutes, then along with the 50 other things I have to do I will post them. Hopefully this evening, but we may tour around Ft Myers a bit when we leave the airport.

This morning we all went to breakfast, then went to West Marine so I could support our fishing and boating community! LOL It has turned out to be a wonderful day! What is everyone else doing today - shovelling snow, listing houses, figuring out some finances, having a pint of bittas, or picking some teeth (smiliedoc?) - just funning wittcha.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:05 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
today -woke up to 36 degrees of grey cloud. played soccer (drove on the correct side of the road Smileydoc), got cold n muddy, bought gas ($7 a gallon) Mel went food shopping ($330 for just over a weeks worth) took Paddy for a walk (it rained) , got dark by 530, now sitting reading the ramblings of a large man inthe sunshine.

Miss Florida? Hah what is there to miss?

Old 02-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
There's a Charles Evans in Punta Gorda that is 69 with a relative named Ruth Ann. And there's another Chuck Evans, age 74 in Sarasota with relatives named Theresa, Paul, Cheryl, Brian and Shaun. There are 76 listings for Chuck/Charles Evans in Florida

You might have better luck posting this question on the people search board. If anyone would know him in Punta Gorda it would be BigHouse, he's quite the social butterfly
I know a George Evans, but he lived in Denver Colorado. He used to live in WNY and raised horses there. Do you have any other information to go by? I'm pretty good at finding people.

Maybe this is him.
George S Evans (239) 353-4455 3965 Bishopwood Ct E, Naples, FL 34114

Old 02-15-2009, 12:40 PM

425 posts, read 1,104,617 times
Default sounds like a good time was had by all

sounds like everyone had a great time, Big House your pic is just as a pictured you:} I wont be down until September,and then again in December, have ya'll planned on december or september yet, I know SoFla Gal will be around but how bout the rest of you?
Im fighting a cold or change in weather sniffle thing,but oh well

Old 02-15-2009, 02:58 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Well, BH, I guess my financial figuring has to wait until Tuesday now, stupid "holiday" tomorrow, bank is probably closed.
I feel your pain "sun"shine, it's about 30 here, but at least we have some sun. And still, it's only 3:55 here. And gas is $1.99
At least I'm listening to some good music, mr.cool's new band is practicing in the basement.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
sounds like everyone had a great time, Big House your pic is just as a pictured you:} I wont be down until September,and then again in December, have ya'll planned on december or september yet, I know SoFla Gal will be around but how bout the rest of you?
Im fighting a cold or change in weather sniffle thing,but oh well
Well, if I was as you pictured me, and you didn't run screaming away - I guess that's a good thing! It was a good evening and think everyone had a great time. I really will try to post some of the pictures that were taken with my camera tomorrow - sorry, but I really did have to go and get a cable so I could transfer them.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:48 AM

321 posts, read 1,029,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
This morning we all went to breakfast, then went to West Marine so I could support our fishing and boating community! LOL It has turned out to be a wonderful day! What is everyone else doing today - shovelling snow, listing houses, figuring out some finances, having a pint of bittas, or picking some teeth (smiliedoc?) - just funning wittcha.
Well yesterday I attended the first practice of the AL Champion Tampa Bay Rays at the newly renovated Charlotte County Stadium.

It was pitchers and catchers only, but it was still incredibly fun.

**Sigh** I would love to go back today. If you get a chance, you should check it out! Parking & admission is free for all practices leading up to the big day (2/25).

Last edited by AnotherDayInParadise; 02-16-2009 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: spelling, of course!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
Well yesterday I attended the first practice of the AL Champion Tampa Bay Rays at the newly renovated Charlotte COunty Stadium.

It was pitchers and catchers only, but it was still incredibly fun.

**Sigh** I would love to go back today. If you get a chance, you should check it out! Parking & admission is free for all practices leading up to the big day (2/25).
Hey ADIP!
That does sound like fun! We took my daughter back yesterday, and while cruising around (we went to Ft Myers Beach), we saw a stadium south of here where the Twins play too. This place is awesome - there is soooooo much to do here! My daughter is finishing up college, she is on her last semester to for here Sports Management Degree - with business as the focal point. She is preparing her resume and we are going to pass it around down here, as well as in MD. We have a lot of friends that are pretty connected up there.

Oh, and I've eaten at the Tavern a few times now. The food is great, and it is less expensive than River City Grille - where I really am now a well known patron. I also like Bin 82, they have a great wine selection - you can stop in and just have a glass if you like, and they have some great small plate selections. On some occasion, let me know when your going, my wife and I would like to meet you and your husband for a drink before dinner or something.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:32 AM

35 posts, read 150,882 times
Default Trying to find a person on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
There's a Charles Evans in Punta Gorda that is 69 with a relative named Ruth Ann. And there's another Chuck Evans, age 74 in Sarasota with relatives named Theresa, Paul, Cheryl, Brian and Shaun. There are 76 listings for Chuck/Charles Evans in Florida

You might have better luck posting this question on the people search board. If anyone would know him in Punta Gorda it would be BigHouse, he's quite the social butterfly
Thanks for the reply.
This Chuck is 63 years old. I don't think he'd have a land line listing. He's quite the 'Social butterfly' himself !
His former wife had a listing in Punta Gorda Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte