Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:34 AM

321 posts, read 1,029,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
I think businesses are going belly up just because their ability to get credit has dried up.
Absolutely, but it seems to me that Turtle Club closed before the credit crunch revved up... it's been closed for at least a year, hasn't it?

Big, I like the second picture. And that's all I'm sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 05:07 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Speaking of sunsets, BigHouse was asking me about the green flash that appears before the sun goes down. I've lived in Florida all my life and have never seen it. Has anyone else seen the green flash?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:29 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,928,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
Absolutely, but it seems to me that Turtle Club closed before the credit crunch revved up... it's been closed for at least a year, hasn't it?

I thought it closed towards the end of last season, they were supposed to open another Turtle her on Venice Island but that project ended early last spring.

Big I like the second photo also, be careful, being out on the local waters can be habit forming.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 AM

321 posts, read 1,029,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Speaking of sunsets, BigHouse was asking me about the green flash that appears before the sun goes down. I've lived in Florida all my life and have never seen it. Has anyone else seen the green flash?
11 years and NEVER. Even with many nights on Sanibel... Longboat... nope.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:

Thanks, I will post more when I get some, which I hope won't be long!
Oh, and I checked your profile - Nice Feet! But, that's all I'm sayin. . . cuz a little flirting can be a good thing. LOL

Old 12-12-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Big House can you post some of the sun set with the dolphins?
Ya know, I just took them of the sunset, and saw the dolphins right beside me, and didn't even think to snap a shot at them. They go up and down, and so it would have been a tough timing thing so maybe that's why I didn't cuz they were up then gone, then up then gone. I wished I did. I will be ready next time. I liked Bob's pictures of the pelicans. That was a cool shot!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
No, but that is what I was looking for. I hope to see one sometime. I like to be out on the water during ths sunset, and afterward. It's an awesome experience. Right now the PGI canals are all lit up, and the decorations on the canals are more extensive than what people put on the streets. I'm planning on cruising them at night this weekend.

Last year, I took a gondola ride of the canals in Venice California when they were lit with all the Christmas decorations. I'll try to get some pictures and post them tonight or this weekend.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
11 years and NEVER. Even with many nights on Sanibel... Longboat... nope.
I've seen a lot of "flashes", but never "green" ones. . . hmmm LOL.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to take some long hard looks though! Boy, what was I saying? You know, I don't get like this very often. LOL

Old 02-15-2009, 09:12 AM

35 posts, read 150,976 times
Quote:
Does anyone know if the tavern next door to River City on Marion in Punta Gorda is open yet?

Thanks!
Does anyone know of a Charles Steven Evans (Chuck) from Coloma, Michigan - who is staying in Punta Gorda, Florida ? He's got a brother named Bobby, and they are known to frequent bars.
If u know of him, please message me. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
There's a Charles Evans in Punta Gorda that is 69 with a relative named Ruth Ann. And there's another Chuck Evans, age 74 in Sarasota with relatives named Theresa, Paul, Cheryl, Brian and Shaun. There are 76 listings for Chuck/Charles Evans in Florida

You might have better luck posting this question on the people search board. If anyone would know him in Punta Gorda it would be BigHouse, he's quite the social butterfly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte