Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:08 AM

70 posts, read 104,004 times

Advertisements

Seems like forever ago I announced that our dream has started- building our house- we had an issue with the lanai support columns took three weeks to come to an agreement to correct them, but construction restarted the beginning of Feb. Happy to say everyday there is progress and ac. plumbing and ac are almost completed, waiting on the county to move the telephone pole (more money). Can't wait to get in!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 06:17 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlady762 View Post
Seems like forever ago I announced that our dream has started- building our house- we had an issue with the lanai support columns took three weeks to come to an agreement to correct them, but construction restarted the beginning of Feb. Happy to say everyday there is progress and ac. plumbing and ac are almost completed, waiting on the county to move the telephone pole (more money). Can't wait to get in!!!!
Your house is beautiful already, without being finished, and I can imagine how anxious you must be getting to get that final walk-through and KEYS in your hand! I won't be long now........for EITHER of us! We're excited too, and hope to have our slab poured on Monday. Things sure move QUICKLY, huh? BEST of LUCK with everyting.....ENJOY all the progress!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM

I drove by on Monday, didn't get there today did they pour the cement today??

You are right cannot wait to get the keys- with all the craziness we have had it is still relaxing to go there and just stare out at the canal. (hoping the snowbird and the yappy dog leaves before we move in LOL)

Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM

697 posts, read 1,169,349 times
Congrats !

Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 AM

After all the sirens, trucks and cars that passed by our NY house, a yappy dog would be (almost) nothing, but.....hoping you get all the peace and quiet you're looking for in FL, as do WE!
YES.......they poured our slab yesterday, and it looks so different now! Here you are.......waiting for dry wall, and we're anxious just to get the blocks delivered......haha! You were correct, though.......it DOES move fast! (smiling)

Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 AM

Great news Karen & Jim.....another happy customer..lol. See ya at the Panera Bread in a few months!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChief View Post
Great news Karen & Jim.....another happy customer..lol. See ya at the Panera Bread in a few months!
Thanks Army! We not only got those blocks, but.....discovered yesterday that they started building the WALLS, and are almost DONE! WOW........so fantastic to see!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:46 PM

Thanks Army.

I have heard building a house can be stressful- but thought with all the work we did on house up North we would be OK. But I now know we will NEVER build a house again.

Karen- it is exciting to see your walls up!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlady762 View Post
But I now know we will NEVER build a house again.!
We were supposed to build a house down here...because of multiple reasons...we opted to buy existing. In a way.....I saved myself all the stress and am happier for it

Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 AM

So far so good for us........it's going so fast, and we're really getting excited! Roof trusses were delivered yesterday, and all the walls are already up! Yippee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte