Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:50 PM

69 posts, read 271,957 times

Advertisements

We've been in North Port and Port Charlotte for the last 9 days. We spent several hours looking at houses with SoFLGal and her mom (who were very accommodating, knowledgeable--and fun) as well as sightseeing, visiting beaches and shopping. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to eat at any of the restaurants that many of you recommended, but I'll keep them in mind for our next visit.

We made an offer on a house in NP, so keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be homeowners here before too long. If this one doesn't work out, we'll keep looking!
Marcia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:00 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia_M View Post
We've been in North Port and Port Charlotte for the last 9 days. We spent several hours looking at houses with SoFLGal and her mom (who were very accommodating, knowledgeable--and fun) as well as sightseeing, visiting beaches and shopping. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to eat at any of the restaurants that many of you recommended, but I'll keep them in mind for our next visit.

We made an offer on a house in NP, so keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be homeowners here before too long. If this one doesn't work out, we'll keep looking!
Marcia
Aww..thanks Marcia_M! You two were great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have a good feeling about this one. I had a really good time taking you guys out

Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Hey Marcia_M,

Congratulations! You must have found a nice one! I hope the deal goes smoothly for you. I'm sure that if it is accepted SoFLGal and her mom will do a great job shepparding you through the process! They helped me even after the contract was written to make sure the process went well. You picked a great team two work with!

When you settle, I hope I am welcome to come and crash the house warming party!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 AM

93 posts, read 192,229 times
good luck! I hope everything works out for you here!!

Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. I'd love to see city-data friends at a housewarming party once we are in a FL home!
Marcia

Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
Marcia the standard for house warming parties has been set - get in loads of food and booze !

Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 PM

Uh-oh. I'll have to learn more about what's expected!
Marcia

Old 06-09-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Uh-oh. I'll have to learn more about what's expected!
Marcia
Mr&MrsSunshine had some of us over for their house warming party, and they did put out quite the spread! They are great hosts!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:02 AM

On second thought, I don't think we'll be able to top the Sunshines' party--maybe I'll just stick with franks and beans.
Marcia

Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
On second thought, I don't think we'll be able to top the Sunshines' party--maybe I'll just stick with franks and beans.
Marcia
As long as you serve beer, I'm sure it will be grand! But, in case you don't let me know and I'll sneak some in!

Also, I think your visit is just beginning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte