Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:13 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,856,912 times

Advertisements

What turned me off the most was the fact that they waited until the restaurant was full of people before they made their move.They already had the evidence and could have gone in at 3 or 4 pm with 3 or 4 officers and quietly made the same arrests.Assuming the owners are unknowing.....their business was devastated and customers were all made to leave at various stages of dinner.
On the other hand,the recent "Winter Snow" bust was awsome......real bad guys,dangerous gang bangers with violent records.Those are the people I want off the street...not some bartender selling a little weed on the side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 07:07 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,017,740 times
I found it funny that the it said the raid was in Punta Gorda! I never heard of Buffalo Chips before and I live in Punta Gorda. I looked it up, and its in Bonita Springs which is way south of Ft. Myers, and no where near Punta Gorda.

The only things I will add, is that the raid could happen anywhere. I find the amounts of drugs inconsequential, but that is not the point. The effect would scare the crap out of everyone, and I think that was effective. Window tinting is irrelevant to the point of the post, but still LEO safety is important. Maybe the the cooks now work at the Blue Martini in Cape Coral where the clients have been complaining about being drugged, when they have only had one or two drinks. Hmmm?!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,029,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Maybe the the cooks now work at the Blue Martini in Cape Coral where the clients have been complaining about being drugged, when they have only had one or two drinks. Hmmm?!
That's hilarious! The place is in North Naples/Bonita Springs, though. So I guess it is possible!

Last edited by hiknapster; 03-14-2010 at 12:49 AM..

Old 03-14-2010, 01:57 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,823,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post

The window tint thing, since you brought it up, is one such sore spot with me. So I can get pulled over and fined, on the premise that the dark tint makes it "unsafe" for me to operate my vehicle. Ever take a good look at the tint on any given cop car? Much darker, but, of course they are super human, right? Then they put those shades on, it's a wonder they can see anything at all!
AFAIK, that is not why the tinting is illegal. When you get a driver's license, it's a privilege, not an unalienable right, which means you have to obey laws. The one to which you are referring is so a police officer can see who is driving the vehicle. How would you like to be a police officer who stops a car, walks up to a window, and can't see if the driver is pointing a gun at him?

I am not in law enforcement, but this is what I always assumed.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:07 AM

917 posts, read 2,603,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I found it funny that the it said the raid was in Punta Gorda! I never heard of Buffalo Chips before and I live in Punta Gorda. I looked it up, and its in Bonita Springs which is way south of Ft. Myers, and no where near Punta Gorda.

The only things I will add, is that the raid could happen anywhere. I find the amounts of drugs inconsequential, but that is not the point. The effect would scare the crap out of everyone, and I think that was effective. Window tinting is irrelevant to the point of the post, but still LEO safety is important. Maybe the the cooks now work at the Blue Martini in Cape Coral where the clients have been complaining about being drugged, when they have only had one or two drinks. Hmmm?!
There really wasn't any need to look anything up... JBMallary already corrected Samiamnh about the location in post number 5.

The Blue Martini is actually located in an upscale shopping center just north of Vanderbilt Beach Road down in Naples not Cape Coral. It's been in the news a lot recently as more and more people (mainly women) report that their drinks might have been drugged. The first report was in November in 2009.

One woman left her boy friend and his parents to use the ladies room and vanished for two hours. She had no memory of where she had been. Another woman, who had been an employee, ended up wrecking her car.

The reports keep coming in.
Quote:
March 12, 2010-
NAPLES — The Collier County Sheriff’s Office released two more reports on Friday, filed by Blue Martini customers who believe they may have been drugged at the restaurant.
Twenty-eight people have now come forward with similar allegations, 24 of which were filed after the Daily News published a story on March 4, about customers who reported blacking out after having a couple of drinks at Blue Martini.
28 and counting: 2 more Blue Martini customers file reports, claiming drugs in drinks » Naples Daily News
VIDEO: Former Blue Martini waitress claims to be victim of spiked drink; suspects bartenders » Naples Daily News

Over two dozen Blue Martini customers come forward to share their black-out stories » Naples Daily News

VIDEO: Four more who think they were drugged at Blue Martini come forward » Naples Daily News

VIDEO: Collier Sheriff’s Office investigating Blue Martini again after receiving 14 more complaints » Naples Daily News

Former Blue Martini bartender: 'People are overindulging in booze' » Naples Daily News

Women report sudden blackouts at popular Naples hangout, Blue Martini » Naples Daily News

Last edited by tommy-105; 03-14-2010 at 06:16 AM..

Old 03-14-2010, 12:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,823,680 times
Yikes! This is a very serious violation. I can't drink one glass of wine & drive, but many people will have a drink after work and then drive home. Adding something to spike a co*ktail could be considered vehicular homicide or depraved indifference. (you can tell I watch Law & Order!)

Old 03-14-2010, 04:50 PM

135 posts, read 405,765 times
Yes, police cars are tinted for their safety. Although I am not sure about FL......in many states the cops have to go through special training, such as a police academy, to do their job. They are trained to do everything, even drive with tinted windows. Yes, they should be role models, but there should also be exceptions made for their safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte