Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM

947 posts, read 3,565,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
Cool! I contributed a few when the site went online originally. Then, recently, they contacted me again after about a six-year absence to ask for "classic" legal IDs.
RadioSilence..... who are ya? I might know you, lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
This page on the Jam site has the ultimate jingle-collectors song: JAM: The JAM Song

hell Damn yes, The JAM jingle song ROCKS!!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 PM

69 posts, read 177,976 times
Default "The Winning Score" Jingle Package

The Winning Score

Grew up listeing to this package "The Winning Score" it was done as a custom package for 93 KHJ in Los Angeles by TM Productions

Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
The Winning Score

Grew up listeing to this package "The Winning Score" it was done as a custom package for 93 KHJ in Los Angeles by TM Productions
93KHJ still exsists today...

as 93.1 KKHJ--FM Pago Pago, American Samoa
93KHJ - American Samoa's #1 Hit Music Station

Old 10-22-2012, 04:37 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,961,591 times
Thanks for the links. I love the old jiggles from AM radio, back when it was King of the airwaves. Any of you all remember those days? FM has much better sound quality for music, but I miss the old days of radio. What were your favorite old AM stations?

I don't think they should have let owners buy as many stations as they wanted in one market. It used to be stations had more of their own personality, now its like they are all carbon copy corporate stock. I like watching the old TV station IDs too. Yeah, I'm weird. Classaction is great, thanks.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:37 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,801,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Thanks for the links. I love the old jiggles from AM radio, back when it was King of the airwaves. Any of you all remember those days? FM has much better sound quality for music, but I miss the old days of radio. What were your favorite old AM stations?

I don't think they should have let owners buy as many stations as they wanted in one market. It used to be stations had more of their own personality, now its like they are all carbon copy corporate stock. I like watching the old TV station IDs too. Yeah, I'm weird. Classaction is great, thanks.
I agree. Radio is cookie cutter now. Every market sounds the same. Many people today enjoy listening to old airchecks. My guess is that nobody in the future will have any interest in listening to radio from this era. It's just too boring.

Here's another site with lot's of great classic airchecks. These are from the Minneapolis-St Paul area.

RadioTapes.com / Historic Minneapolis St. Paul Radio Airchecks

Old 04-04-2018, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 2,286 times
I have Gwinsound jingles (Series 1 to 27) available for trade. What do you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio