U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 AM
 
30,880 posts, read 35,010,408 times
Reputation: 25479

Advertisements

After Arts long absence i'm having a hard time re adjusting to the fact that Art is actually back on and i keep forgetting to turn on the radio to listen, it usually dawns on me around 6-7am that i missed the show again...Next few days shouldnt be a problem as i'm driving Montreal to Tampa so the Satellite radio will get a good workout especially on channel Indie 104
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
28,332 posts, read 24,912,072 times
Reputation: 72932
Can't you download his show on MP3 or audio streaming from his website to listen "anytime"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 AM
 
30,880 posts, read 35,010,408 times
Reputation: 25479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Can't you download his show on MP3 or audio streaming from his website to listen "anytime"?
That sounds like something way above my technical capabilities, whats an mp3?
i suppose one can access his past shows from his website,hadnt thought of that, i'll give it a look.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,411 posts, read 14,974,558 times
Reputation: 8679
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That sounds like something way above my technical capabilities, whats an mp3?
i suppose one can access his past shows from his website,hadnt thought of that, i'll give it a look.
Thanks.
I am dubious about the website offering archives, but only a link to Sirius. Sirius XM has On Demand in which past shows are stored for (it looks like) 4 or 5 years.

We purchased the home radios and the online access is free with that, but people with the traditional car radios have to pay extra for the online access, I think. Those Sirius people sure know how to squeeze every last cent out of you.

Last night Art had the fellow who wrote 'The God Part of the Brain'. If I get it right, he says we evolved a part of the brain that is disposed to belief because we are the only animal that can contemplate its death.
Maybe I didn't pick that up right. What was interesting to me is that there are different parts of the brain that resonate for the 'religious' and the 'spiritual'. The religious are into laws and dogma and rites that bring a sense of community, and the spiritual are more inclined to transcendental experience.

I may have drifted off into sleep at some point, but there do not seem to be as many crazy callers.

I loved hearing this guy. He said he's a 'hard' atheist, meaning he believes in nothing that is not material. He mentioned that, in groups of atheists he finds that there is very little support for the religious (meaning support for the rites and rituals that give a sense of community), but a fair number of them do believe in the soul or the spiritual. That was interesting to know.

I think it's healthy to question and not just accept and the guest, Matthew Alper, who has not had otherworldly experience, is doing the right thing for his perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
28,332 posts, read 24,912,072 times
Reputation: 72932
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That sounds like something way above my technical capabilities, whats an mp3?
i suppose one can access his past shows from his website,hadnt thought of that, i'll give it a look.
Thanks.
Mp3 is a file compression format used when downloading audio or video from “some” websites. I checked and Art’s new website doesn’t have this feature. The nice thing about downloading mp3 audio is that you have a digital file copy of the show to listen to as often as you want and when you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
 
1,449 posts, read 893,959 times
Reputation: 1799
Default limblob!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Art Bells show sold out to Big Corporation-Premeire Radio about 6 or so years ago,same station that does Dr Laura and Rush Limblob.Bell was only doing Sunday nites,now retired again with his VERY young bride from the Philliphines he married(she was just out of school,) MONTHS after his long time wife died in bed at just 43 yrs old of a suffication(asthma attack is what was reported). Hes now 60 something, has a new baby and quit the show again.George Noory took over full time and is not well recieved.To put it mildly ,he is a dim bulb and all the show was for all those years is no more.There is a great underground movement all over the internet to get Premeire to at least make the show 1/2 of what it was and change hosts now and then(Noory is a nit wit,and is TERRIBLE with interviews). If you google Noory,you will see what I mean.It was once a one of a kind show talking about all the things that "go bump in the nite",, but now,its just a run of mill show that is occaisionally good,like when they have a different host.
rush limblob I have to remember that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,411 posts, read 14,974,558 times
Reputation: 8679
Okay, I had it tonight. Linda Moulton Howe always sounds as though she's on the verge of shouting and she always brings bad news.

Now we should worry about a possible Fukashima here and then there is the dead dear found hanging on a tree with its rectum cored out.

Who wants to listen to that cr@p late at night?

That woman must have a dark cloud following surrounding her.

I'm going back to Netflix for another episode of Breaking Bad - good, positive, stuff. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2013, 07:14 AM
 
4,712 posts, read 13,108,623 times
Reputation: 4646
If I heard Linda was a guest on the show, or Ed Dames, Sean Morton and Richard Hoagland, I would turn off the radio and call it a night. UFOwatchdog.com was an interesting sight,they have a "hall of shame" for known cons from Arts show and Coast like Morton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,411 posts, read 14,974,558 times
Reputation: 8679
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
If I heard Linda was a guest on the show, or Ed Dames, Sean Morton and Richard Hoagland, I would turn off the radio and call it a night. UFOwatchdog.com was an interesting sight,they have a "hall of shame" for known cons from Arts show and Coast like Morton.
Thanks for the site.
I think some guests are sincere. The soul travel guy seems honest. Most, though, I listen to for sheer entertainment. Hoagland, by himself, is pure boredom to me, but Art is a good interviewer and I enjoy listening to his shows sometimes even when the guest is boring. They give ideas that a person can mill around with in their heads. Some say things that I just know are incorrect.

I like it when they are creative in their stories and do research. Sean David Morton, to me, is always fun, though I don't believe in bible prophecy and think he's a con artist. He does it well. If people believe him, I think we are all on the planet to learn and there are some things that are best found out by the individual, himself.

It's not as though the program is enticing people to lose their life's savings in some bogus gold investment. What are they out if they believe? The cost of a book or a T-shirt or a mug?

I really drew the line at the Y2k thing, where Art would have guests, over and over, that would predict the end of the world as we know it and his advertisers were mostly selling survivalist gear. I'll bet some people were frightened enough to buy that junk.

Thanks for the website. It's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2013, 06:14 AM
 
4,712 posts, read 13,108,623 times
Reputation: 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Thanks for the site.
I think some guests are sincere. The soul travel guy seems honest. Most, though, I listen to for sheer entertainment. Hoagland, by himself, is pure boredom to me, but Art is a good interviewer and I enjoy listening to his shows sometimes even when the guest is boring. They give ideas that a person can mill around with in their heads. Some say things that I just know are incorrect.

I like it when they are creative in their stories and do research. Sean David Morton, to me, is always fun, though I don't believe in bible prophecy and think he's a con artist. He does it well. If people believe him, I think we are all on the planet to learn and there are some things that are best found out by the individual, himself.

It's not as though the program is enticing people to lose their life's savings in some bogus gold investment. What are they out if they believe? The cost of a book or a T-shirt or a mug?

I really drew the line at the Y2k thing, where Art would have guests, over and over, that would predict the end of the world as we know it and his advertisers were mostly selling survivalist gear. I'll bet some people were frightened enough to buy that junk.

Thanks for the website. It's great.
Glad you liked the website. SDM "swindled" many folks of much-o money, but then again, buyer beware. I wouldn't give a dime to these guys any more then I would a tv evangelist. I pay close attention to credentials of the speakers. I give a lot of merit to the likes of Dr Michu Kaku, Dr Bruce Lipton and the distinguished men who served our country with long hidden secrets. Art is on their level of intelligence and it's always fascinating. Love those shows and always walk away with new thoughts to ponder. These self proclaimed prophets and experts who charge a small fortune for their special knowledge get nothing from me but an eye roll. And I agree with you about Hoagland, though he is a great sleep inducer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top