Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:02 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,338 times

Advertisements

I listened to it religiously when I lived out West. Now I'm back in NY, do they have it here? Any other fans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 06:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,607,835 times
Art Bells show sold out to Big Corporation-Premeire Radio about 6 or so years ago,same station that does Dr Laura and Rush Limblob.Bell was only doing Sunday nites,now retired again with his VERY young bride from the Philliphines he married(she was just out of school,) MONTHS after his long time wife died in bed at just 43 yrs old of a suffication(asthma attack is what was reported). Hes now 60 something, has a new baby and quit the show again.George Noory took over full time and is not well recieved.To put it mildly ,he is a dim bulb and all the show was for all those years is no more.There is a great underground movement all over the internet to get Premeire to at least make the show 1/2 of what it was and change hosts now and then(Noory is a nit wit,and is TERRIBLE with interviews). If you google Noory,you will see what I mean.It was once a one of a kind show talking about all the things that "go bump in the nite",, but now,its just a run of mill show that is occaisionally good,like when they have a different host.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 PM

I used to be a real night owl...I had a little lab where I used to test the wastewater I treated. I'd flip his show on, start the cyanide still, and let it go. It took about three hours to run...and I'd relax and listen to that weird BS of his, I doubt he believes any of it.

And, around 4 AM, I'd do the final test on the distillate...put the proper chemicals in, hope to see it turn just a little pink (just a little cyanide; OK to go) and not red (too much cyanide; have to retreat the water)

If it turned red, I'd set the alarm and go to sleep, cause I'd have to go back the next day to redo the water. If not, I could take the next day off, and I'd stay up till dawn.

Those were fine days.

Sorry to hear his show's off the air. It was the sound of his voice, and a lot of the music he played, that I really liked. Soothing, at least I found it so.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,006,830 times
I liked his voice too.
The show itself was pretty goofy.
I am anything but a nightowl, but sometimes my husband and I wake up so early that he'd reach over to the nightstand and turn the radio on, and there we'd be, lying in bed at 4:30am listening to Art Bell's wild, wacky stuff.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Mel's Hole

He had a running joke, oh, must have been back around 2001, about some dude named Mel who lived out in the desert someplace, and had a supposedly bottomless hole out back of his house.

He even had some jingle, to the tune of King of the Road...King of the Hole!

LOL

Old 08-20-2007, 11:34 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,300 times
Default art bell

I still listen here in Detroit on AM 800 CKLW. I don't mind George, he gives people more time to talk. I think he is more mainstream.Art will be back, he always is. How many times has he retired now? He was going to stay in the Phillipines, but heis back inParump, how can you believe anything he says.My favorite topics were secret socities and Mars, among others. I still would rather listedn to George than people like Rush.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,607,835 times
i agree Kathy,but Rush and Coast to Coast are apples and oranges,no comparison.I liked the topics you mentioned on Coast,and some of the guests are more then interesting(also agree,some could be "locked away")However,George has really dumbed down the show I feel.I think Art had great interviewing skills,but who knows what or when he will decide to "unretire' yet again

Old 09-15-2007, 03:12 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
Art Bell.....proof positive the all the Fruit Loops aren't in the box.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,375,479 times
My hubby listens to it here and there. He loves when they get the wacky guests. He works all night long and says he needs something good to laugh at. Since Art left, its not as good, but he still listens a few times a week.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Did anyone else find it ironic that Art Bell coast to coast sounds just like Space Ghost Coast to Coast? Long live Brak!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio