U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,975,013 times

Advertisements

But he is not getting the support you would expect. I don't see anyone else on air I would listen to. I get his podcast via the web in Phoenix. His talent far exceeds anyone else. The only other person I might choose to listen to is Charles Goyette, and he's been off the air for 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM

29,750 posts, read 26,780,300 times
I always listened to Charles Goyette when he was on the air, he was outstanding. I especially remember one of his best shows when he had an executive producer from the Popular Mechanics magazine as a guest on his show. The topic was about the article the magazine published on “their” finding and research of the 911 incident. I believe the interview lasted about ten minutes and there were maybe three questions that Goyette asked. None of the answers and responses that the guest provided were logical or would fit the questions Goyette had asked. Then Goyette lost it, and told the executive from Popular Mechanics off. The executive was so embarrassed and put down for being so stupid that he canceled all the other radio interviews that were scheduled for the weeks after.

Goyette was very logical and asked for facts which the guest simply wasn’t able to provide, as his answers were off-base and there was nothing in his research or investigation of the 911 that could possibly be “factual” or true.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,975,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I always listened to Charles Goyette when he was on the air, he was outstanding. I especially remember one of his best shows when he had an executive producer from the Popular Mechanics magazine as a guest on his show. The topic was about the article the magazine published on “their” finding and research of the 911 incident. I believe the interview lasted about ten minutes and there were maybe three questions that Goyette asked. None of the answers and responses that the guest provided were logical or would fit the questions Goyette had asked. Then Goyette lost it, and told the executive from Popular Mechanics off. The executive was so embarrassed and put down for being so stupid that he canceled all the other radio interviews that were scheduled for the weeks after.

Goyette was very logical and asked for facts which the guest simply wasn’t able to provide, as his answers were off-base and there was nothing in his research or investigation of the 911 that could possibly be “factual” or true.
As I recall, the Pop Mech 'research' was really dumb - I believe they said that they were 'shown' a securitized photo of the damage to building 7, you know the one that collapsed at free fall speed after being supposedly hit by a few chunks of concrete, and Goyette rightly told them that they were full of it. Charles deserves to be on air SOMEWHERE. Brandmeir is one of the most original and truly funny radio personalities out there, completely different from Charles, but just as talented.

Last edited by KRAMERCAT; 03-28-2013 at 12:12 PM..

Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM

5,640 posts, read 16,929,451 times
Johnny B has been on WGN for a while now. Listen to him every morning and he has a big following around here in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or