Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:20 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,192,344 times

Advertisements

Yep I canceled sxm a few months ago. Ever since the merger the service sucks. Everything from scrappy equipment to **** poor customer service reps that work for a bowl of rice a a day. Not to mention there **** poor sound quality which is worse than an mp3. And there God dam playlists are so freaking repetitive it's ridiculous. I can't see paying for radio what do ever when I can make ads mp3 discs or load up my iPod or USB sticks and there's free streaming radio like Pandora Spotify. I don't think they will be around much longer. When I canceled they even tried selling me a second radio I laughed and told the guy that I owned a t.v. set lol. They were giving me the all access package for 80 a month. Another thing the rep mentioned is that I could kindly give them 15 a month to listen online. I asked why in the he'll would I do that when I can listen to Pandora for free and he shut my radio off in a second. There was another company called world space radio and they went bankrupt so I'm hoping that sxm goes bankrupt also. As they sent me a defective radio that kept powering down and they told me that it was working properly lol that and they have a monopoly on every new car just about it has the tuner installed and I'm sure ther getting some kind of kick back on that also. I would prefer to opt out of having a tuner for sum installed in my car

Last edited by ground_pounder; 12-08-2015 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 02:32 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Howard Stern's contract expires next Wednesday........It will be very interesting if he doesn't renew. Been a fan for years and in the last 6 months he has had some epic guests from Madonna, to Bill Murray/Dan Akroyd, Neil Young.....none of which were on the show ever or in Madonna's case it is has been 30+ years.

My guess.......he is going to retire. He bought a 52 million dollar house in Palm Beach and loves the weather especially in winter. Robin had some health issues and doesn't even come into the studio so I suspect they are all ready for retirement.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:29 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
OMG! I bought a car and received a "free" 90 day subscription. I was told I would have to opt in to continue service. I called and asked a question and 93 days later get a bill. Oddly, they did not have my cc#," my usual MO. I called and they say they showed me calling the first week I owned the car subscribing to their service. I went round and round, finally for $50, I could make them go away. I paid it, but immediately posted on PO Consumer, RipOff Report and anyone that would listen.

Last week, I get a call and was advised I was being recorded. Sirius wanted me back. "Excellent, you are recording me? Never, ever call me back again. I never wanted your service, was falsely signed up and it cost me $50 blackmail money to make you disappear. I know you are only doing your job, but you may want to go work for someone else because your business model is not sustainable."

Old 12-13-2015, 08:19 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times
Any music on XM can be heard on Internet radio stations. No point in owning Sirius XM unless you want to listen to Howard Stern.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:24 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
I signed up this year to hear an interview with this artist I really liked. Found out that it was only being aired in the US!!! (How angry was I). I cancelled Sirius Radio once I found out the programing was different in the USA and Canada. Never again. Totally disappointed.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:56 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
We cancelled them a while ago. Crappy customer service, we only listened to a handful of channels, the music rotation started to become just like regular radio. A few of my favorite shows were cancelled or went off air.

Now I just listen to podcasts or Pandora.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:22 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,192,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Howard Stern's contract expires next Wednesday........It will be very interesting if he doesn't renew. Been a fan for years and in the last 6 months he has had some epic guests from Madonna, to Bill Murray/Dan Akroyd, Neil Young.....none of which were on the show ever or in Madonna's case it is has been 30+ years.

My guess.......he is going to retire. He bought a 52 million dollar house in Palm Beach and loves the weather especially in winter. Robin had some health issues and doesn't even come into the studio so I suspect they are all ready for retirement.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2466329
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio