Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Xm, Sirrius Merge, new channel line up
Love It 0 0%
Hate it 6 75.00%
Not sure just yet 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 03:04 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Howard Stern has never been commerical free.
I think he meant that maybe they could give away the service by having advertising, like the Howard Stern show does now (the ads, not free)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 04:53 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,029 times
i had XM, and had always felt that Sirius had a marginally better music stations, and XM had much better talk/entertainment shows. the only difference i've noticed is that we now have Rawdog comedy instead of XM comedy. XM comedy was waaay better. Rawdog sucks. i hardly listen to channel 150 anymore. the best thing on the radio is Ron and Fez.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:13 AM

370 posts, read 1,015,887 times
They censored our music. That's where I draw the line, they lied to us. They ****ed up.

No punk channel, now? They're ignoring an entire genre. A extremely popular genre, they're just totally ****ing ignoring it.

No punk channel. That's sort of a huge deal.

Quote:
and XM had much better talk/entertainment shows.
Uh, Howard Stern?

Old 12-27-2008, 08:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Howard Stern has never been commerical free.
Yes but it is not "free to air". You have to pay to get it. What I think they plan to do is offer several channels of free ad supported stuff- you just turn on the radio and get it- no subscription required. The non commercial stuff will be subscription. Karmazin has the bandwidth to do that now. He can offer 20 channels of free stuff to anybody with a radio and still sell the other 160 channels he has with commercial free premium content. That way he will have several million in ad revenues coming in as well as the cash from subscribers. It would be like having 20 commercial radio stations in every city in the USA.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:28 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
I don't really notice a difference, but I pretty much just listen to CNBC, CNN, Fox and then for music the 20 on 20 or the Pop2k or whatever it is. My fear is the whole thing will go belly up and I have this built in tuner in my car and then what happens? I love listening to the national news TV stations.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,136,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastar311 View Post
I'm not happy with it. XCountry was my regular channel; Outlaw Country they replaced it with sounds like a bunch of hillbillies DJ. I do like getting the Underground Garage now, so I guess I can live with the change...
Gawd!!!!! I hate it!!!!! XCountry was my favorite channel. I love the new guys, the Gourds, Chris Knight, Reckless Kelley, CCRW!!! Now they're playing Buck kn Owens, Roy Clark, and that idiot loud mouth DJ, Mojo Nixon!!!!

I miss XM's Texas Fred, the Zydeco Cowboy show. The different theme song shows ie:whiskey & drugs (Boys in Oklahoma, Gin & Juice, Beer Run, etc.)

Five years, I've had XM in my car, DH's truck, and portable radio! Dayum, I hate this merger crap!!!!!!

I e-mailed them with a complaint. They responded with "sometime, change is hard, but you eventually get used to it." WTF????

Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post

Uh, Howard Stern?
Uh, Howard Stern F'N Sucks! what's wrong with you?

seriously, check out Ron and Fez. even Opie and Anthony are much funnier than Howard friggin' Stern. i mean, do you actually listen to Stern or are you just throwing his name out there for the name recognition? - because his show buh - lows.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 AM

370 posts, read 1,015,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
Uh, Howard Stern F'N Sucks! what's wrong with you?

seriously, check out Ron and Fez. even Opie and Anthony are much funnier than Howard friggin' Stern. i mean, do you actually listen to Stern or are you just throwing his name out there for the name recognition? - because his show buh - lows.
I've been listening to his show for years and years, I think you've never given him a chance and I also think (from your hostile and childish attitude) you just like morning ZoOoOooOs. No thank you.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
I've been listening to his show for years and years, I think you've never given him a chance and I also think (from your hostile and childish attitude) you just like morning ZoOoOooOs. No thank you.
i dont listen to morning zoos. ive given Stern a chance. Ron and Fez are far from a morning zoo show. i suggest you check them out on XM 202 / Sirius 197.

i dunno what would make you think i listen to morning zoo shows.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:33 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,440,622 times
honestly i love satellite radio, i hate commercials.so i listen to sirrius channels 12-21. all rock. but i hated buzzsaw. they played the same music over and over and every hour it was van halen. i lost count in a day at how many van halen songs they played. and on sunday morning,they had sabbath for 1/2 hour and guess what songs they played? iron man,paranoid ect. songs you can hear on radio. im hoping with the merge the new rock channel will be better. they had zeppelin on since october and im sick of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio