U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Xm, Sirrius Merge, new channel line up
Love It 0 0%
Hate it 6 75.00%
Not sure just yet 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:18 AM

11,798 posts, read 20,255,348 times

Advertisements

Federal Canning Comission...that's hilarious! There aren't many independent terrestrial stations left around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,009 posts, read 30,559,199 times
I cancelled my XM last fall and started putting the subscription money toward Internet radios. I miss the baseball, but the music/news options on Internet radio are much better.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:03 PM

3,777 posts, read 5,230,428 times
The channels that I listen to have gone down alot.

The repeats are crazy.

It was great back in 06-09. I left Sirius because of the tight playlist and repeats and now, Sirius/XM is pretty much the same thing.

You can see that consultants from Sirius have crept over to the XM side and ordered them to slice their playlist. It's so many songs that used to play on XM that stopped once the merger went through.

XM slogan used to be: Beyond AM and FM..its XM but it sure doesn't seem like it anymore...

Pretty much, we are paying for FM without the commericals.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
WDJ

286 posts, read 653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
By the way, if you ever need to call them to discuss anything, have a few stiff drinks first. You're going to get someone who speaks English as a third language and it'll be similar to the Dell computer customer service you'd get from a "tech" in India.
I guess Sirius customer service is different, since the last time I called them, I ended up having a small chat about the weather with a woman in Nova Scotia!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 AM

467 posts, read 666,631 times
Default XM|Sirius Post Merger

I have noticed since the merger that there are about 13 channels unique to XM that aren't on the Sirius side. I wonder if there are any plans to add them to Sirius in the future? If so when?

I recently purchased a vehicle that only had Sirius satellite radio. I ended up swapping it out with an aftermarket XM radio when I discovered that Sirius was missing those channels (I listen to 10 of them). I also found out that if I had decided to keep the Sirius radio I couldn't add it to my existing XM subscriptions; I would have to establish a separate Sirius subscription.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM

1,951 posts, read 3,580,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
I have noticed since the merger that there are about 13 channels unique to XM that aren't on the Sirius side. I wonder if there are any plans to add them to Sirius in the future? If so when?

I recently purchased a vehicle that only had Sirius satellite radio. I ended up swapping it out with an aftermarket XM radio when I discovered that Sirius was missing those channels (I listen to 10 of them). I also found out that if I had decided to keep the Sirius radio I couldn't add it to my existing XM subscriptions; I would have to establish a separate Sirius subscription.
I've actually got the opposite problem right now as Sirius has Sporting News Radio which XM had and dumped. I just found out they are picking up Steve Czaban and I would have to get a Sirius portable for my work van

Old 08-26-2010, 02:50 PM

444 posts, read 995,952 times
I just re-upped both my radio's 5 months - for the price of 1. I talked to one CS Rep and she told me nothing besides a lifetime was discounted..$500 or something. I called back and talked to someone else. Told them I was going to cancel the account and use IE radio unless they could work a deal.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:44 AM

448 posts, read 794,761 times
i quit my subscription same crap over and over on the music channels ( not worth my dollar ). and your customer service is very pitifull i must say half of them don't understand english the only way i have found to get people that understand english is thell em you want the cancellation dept. mp 3 players and sd cards are better than sat radio wich is a total rip off in my book

Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,079,765 times
Bring back BOOMBOX as a regular channel.
The current electronic lineup seems to be strictly for ravers and such.

Also, BackSpin and Heart'n'Soul seem to be the only two decent channels on the RnB/Hip-Hop lineup.
All other channels are playing too much Auto-tuned hits by T-Pain, Lil Wa(ng)yne, and the ever-annoying Akon.

And not to offend anyone, but there are too many classic rock stations to shake a 12-gauge at.
Elvis having a single-artist channel I could understand, his music crosses all boundaries of culture and entertainment.

Bruce Springsteen does not.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 AM

5,346 posts, read 2,972,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPX2 View Post
I just re-upped both my radio's 5 months - for the price of 1. I talked to one CS Rep and she told me nothing besides a lifetime was discounted..$500 or something. I called back and talked to someone else. Told them I was going to cancel the account and use IE radio unless they could work a deal.
Wow... You're getting 5 months for the price of one... How'd you manage that?... I'm getting 3 months for the price of one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio