U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:54 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,584,118 times

Advertisements

Limbaugh,Hannity,Beck,Regan and any home improvement/building show I can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,001 posts, read 30,539,692 times
Here's a suggestion that'll keep the thread nice and friendly and on-topic for this forum. Stick to offering your own list and resist the temptation to trash other shows you don't listen to. The show you despise the most is probably someone else's favorite show. And if you trash the people that listen to that show, you'll offend that someone else and they'll be tempted to insult you. That's when the moderators have to get involved. Best way to avoid that is not to go there in the first place.

Also, most talk radio is about national politics these days, and national politics are off-topic in almost every C-D forum. That means this forum won't be a place where you'll be able to go into much detail about why you hold your negative opinion. Just stick to sharing what you like and everyone will leave the thread happy.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM

8,957 posts, read 15,826,369 times
It nice to know that there IS talk radio to listen to still yet. That said, I wish there were more liberal & progressive shows to listen to along with re-broadcasts of old time radio shows.

However, What I will be able to capture and listen to should improve vastly this summer when I get my new shortwave/AM radio antennas up this summer!

Darn cold winters!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 PM

14,810 posts, read 12,764,080 times
The G Man - G. Gordon Liddy - Radio America Audio

The Bob and Sheri Show - all about pop culture with lots of call in guests - very entertaining, very apolitical - http://www.1079thelink.com/listen/stream.cfm (broken link)

I listen to these via internet in the mornings and to Rush and Sean via local stations in the afternoon.

Other internet radio shows or stations I sometimes tune in to listen:

Coast 2 Coast - (I subscribe via Streamlink as I don't stay up all night) - Home - Coast to Coast AM

Alex Jones - Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I listen to Coast 2 Coast and Alex Jones when I work out. Gives me something to listen to while I'm working out, especially on the treadmill.

Others:

Jeff Rense - RenseRadio Network

Republic Broadcasting - Republic Broadcasting Network

Old 01-25-2010, 11:16 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,376,826 times
Usually:
Bill Handel
Dennis Prager
Micheal Medved
Dennis Miller

Occasionally:
John Kobelt & Ken Champeiu (sp)
Roger Hedgecock

Rarely:
Rush
Laura I.
Micheal G.

Still Mourning:
Doug Mcintyre
Al Rantel

Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 AM

14,693 posts, read 21,325,213 times
The only talk radio I listen to is Opie & Anthony. Frickin' hilarious!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM

3,770 posts, read 3,978,688 times
Steve Harvey show.

The Prank calls are hillarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Br1gv8T5tc

Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM

3,359 posts, read 5,972,879 times
Talk radio has become the most depressing medium I've ever heard...it's all doom and gloom...the sky is falling type of stuff...
pic at this pic at that...hate this person hate those people...

Obama this, Obama that....these talk radio people are obscessed with Obama and politics...

What makes them think my day evolves around that nonsense...and every talk radio show sounds excactly the same...they all talk about the same Obama subjects day in and day out...it's so dull, boering and flat out depressing...

Even Coast to Coast is becoming stale...Art Bell can never be replaced...Goerge Norri has let that show deteriate...his guests are not all that interesting anymore...

I like sports radio...JT the Brick and Tom Looney...ye!

Old 01-30-2010, 06:31 PM

4,925 posts, read 8,999,871 times
Depends upon work and when I'm in my car.

I usually listen to WTN out of Nashville, TN. I usually listen to their lineup...Ralph Bristow, Dave Ramsey (his home station), Fred Thompson, Phil Valentine. Sometimes I'll bounce between these and Limbaugh or Hannity or (senior moment here) the guy out of Atlanta...

On weekends I like Click and Clack, Whaddaya Know and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me...

I'd probably listen to some music stations but those pretty much stink around here...

Old 02-05-2010, 04:33 AM

2,038 posts, read 3,488,431 times
I love Rollye James on XM 158.

I also enjoy Bill Handel's new syndicated show on XM and Dr. Dean Edell.

Occasionally, I listen to Bob Brinker's Moneytalk, Kim Kommando and Leo Laporte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio