Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 01:33 PM

16 posts, read 63,919 times

Advertisements

What podcasts do you listen to and why? Which is your favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 11:55 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times
I listen to a bunch of different things from time to time but here are three I listen to regularly. They are public radio programs that are not carried in my area (Washington DC).

Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? I love this two hour, Saturday morning show from Wisconsin Public Radio. A comedy quiz show, with other features and the host is a hoot! A great way to start the weekend A lot of participation with members of the audience and folks who call in to play the quiz. "Regular" folks are a lot of fun.

Official Website of Harry Shearer LeShow is Harry Shearer's weekly one hour program of current events and comedy bits with that special Shearer twist. Witty and entertaining.

Selected Shorts A wonderful one hour program of great short stories read by stars of stage and screen from Symphony Space in NYC. A great way to wind down the weekend on a Sunday evening (or any time)

Enjoy! qw

Last edited by quiet walker; 04-25-2009 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,737 times
so many, wor710, wabc77, npr, imus, and I know there are others.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
WDJ

286 posts, read 789,069 times
Since I like listening to talk shows about technology, I listen to Buzz Out Loud, GeekSpeak, and sometimes TWiT (This Week in Technology).

Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM

267 posts, read 352,097 times
I see this article is long dead ( last post was 2010) but Podcasts have grown in popularity. What do people listen to? I like Weird Medicine, Fatman on Batman by Kevin Smith, Toy Break, The Joe Rogan Experience, to name a few. I also cohost a show now for the past almost 8 years Big Kev's Geek Stuff. I'm always looking for new shows though!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:46 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcip View Post
I see this article is long dead ( last post was 2010) but Podcasts have grown in popularity. What do people listen to? I like Weird Medicine, Fatman on Batman by Kevin Smith, Toy Break, The Joe Rogan Experience, to name a few. I also cohost a show now for the past almost 8 years Big Kev's Geek Stuff. I'm always looking for new shows though!
I really enjoy The Mike O'Meara Show.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:58 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,017,642 times
Besides a lot of NPR podcasts at NPR Podcast Directory, I listen to a lot of BBC podcasts at BBC - Podcasts and Downloads.

Here's some of the many podcasts I listen to:
The Osgood File
On The Media
Freakonomics Radio
Wait Wait. . . Don't Tell Me
BBC Comedy of the Week
Friday Night Comedy from BBC4
Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
New Sounds from WNYC
Radiolab from WNYC
Studio 360 from WNYC
Soundcheck from WNYC
Fresh Air (NPR)
NPR's Shuffle Podcast
NPR's Story of the Day
NPR's Science Friday
BBC's Click
BBC's Science in Action
BBC's Discovery
The Naked Scientists
This American Life
PRI's Echoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio