U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 PM

3,791 posts, read 5,095,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I saw his television show exactly ONCE. That was once too many times. I don't know if his radio show is of the same ilk, but I will assume that it is, and believe me when I say, I have no interest in listening to it. I much prefer Prairie Home Companion on NPR - call me old fashioned, and someone who enjoys quality entertainment.

20yrsinBranson
If you like anything on NPR, then it's no suprise that you hated Stern. That is like comparing apples and cars.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 PM

6,541 posts, read 15,209,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Baloney. Howard Stern is not important to XM/Sirius. They were in business before him and will do fine without paying his salary.
But yet they have never had a good fiscal quarter, definitely not a business to invest in.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:18 AM

39 posts, read 97,255 times
I signed up with Sirius when they first launched, at times I have had two accounts. I will stick with them even after Stern is gone because I cannot and will not stand for the constant attack of repetitive commercials.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM

12,252 posts, read 17,144,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Funny how the guy has had tons of listeners throughout the years, but you rarely find anyone that will admit to listening to him.
Not only will I admit I listen to him (and the replays) whenever I can, but I consider him a true genius. Howard Stern is the sole reason for me buying Sirius.

I take that back...I also bought it for the NFL coverage.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 PM

3,386 posts, read 1,680,261 times
I did not renew my subscription to Sirius because of its financial situation. I loved it, and if it ever gets back on sound footing I would re-subscribe...maybe. I'm listening to internet radio and finding many of the same things I found on satellite.

I did not listen to Howard Stern or any talk radio. Talk without being a part of the conversation puts me to sleep. I'd rather sing along to music when I drive.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:38 PM

5,430 posts, read 12,025,021 times
They are gonna start charging an extra $3 a month because of some new govt. tax? Will this make many other subscribers start dropping. I enjoy it in the am, used to listen to bluesville, but I liked the old DJ better. Still better than all the clearchannells commercialls on all the other radio stations in this town.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 AM

25,100 posts, read 24,586,744 times
We drive 40K to 50K miles per year (or more). We have never listened to Stern but, we do listen to the Old Time Radio shows (the Shadow, Gunsmoke, Dragnet etc) while we are on the road. A great collection of oldies music. Weather, Local Traffic and so on.

It works with our lifestyle very well.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:46 PM

3,791 posts, read 5,095,183 times
I did let my subscription expire in my Jeep. We got a free year when we purchased the vehicle. However, in my work car (that I am in all day) Sirius is a MUST HAVE.

I do see them pricing themselves out of business. Just remember how much money it takes to launch a sat into space.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,926,499 times
Part of the FCC aggrement for the merger with XM will not allow them to raise prices for 2 years.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:28 PM

313 posts, read 540,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Not only will I admit I listen to him (and the replays) whenever I can, but I consider him a true genius. Howard Stern is the sole reason for me buying Sirius.

I take that back...I also bought it for the NFL coverage.
Me too. I decided that I do like some of the music channels but those alone would not keep me as a subscriber if Stern goes.

Ethel Mertz forever! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio