U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:08 AM

514 posts, read 1,421,193 times

Advertisements

The show is a little different than most radio shows out there, ok its alot different. They cover the topics mainstream radio doesnt, paranormal, ufo's, gov't conspiracies , alien abductions you get the idea. The best shows are Friday night open lines, thats when it gets real interesting. So am I the only one here that listens to this show?

Last edited by 2goldens; 10-31-2009 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 05:13 AM

11,897 posts, read 23,693,978 times
Some velvet morning when I'm straight...

It's just not the same without Art.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:22 PM

WoW, funny you mention that song. C2C is where I first heard it and it has become one of my favorites. Good ole Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra.

George does a very good job, its incredible how he deals with some of the folks who call in, but Art Bell was the master, great interviewer and entertainer.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 PM

13,363 posts, read 38,749,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
WoW, funny you mention that song. C2C is where I first heard it and it has become one of my favorites. Good ole Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra.

George does a very good job, its incredible how he deals with some of the folks who call in, but Art Bell was the master, great interviewer and entertainer.
I always liked that song. My husband loved Art Bell and Coast to Coast. I couldn't take any of the interviews too seriously.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM

6,351 posts, read 18,089,091 times
Have tried Coast to Coast a few times but couldn't get into it. Since I truck overnight, I usually listen to America's Trucking Network with Steve Sommers and it airs at the same time.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:48 PM

11,261 posts, read 15,744,976 times
I used to listen to Art Bell, I listen to coast to coast from time to time, my Mom listens all the time.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 PM

11,897 posts, read 23,693,978 times
Noory has gotten better. Early on I thought his interviews were often silly and borderline unlistenable at times. Some of the most incredulous questions, especially from guests who were on the kook fringe within the show (relatively speaking). Art would also inject a little bit of unconventional political discussion from time to time mostly with news from non-mainstream sources. Also, Art's taste in bumper music is superior to all

I need to make a point to listen a little more often. I think Art still does guest shows occasionally.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 AM

28,338 posts, read 24,935,291 times
My wife and I listen to the first hour or so most every night. If the show is going to be a good one, we record it for playback at a better hour of the day. I started listening to Art many years ago, but he started going down hill towards the last year of being on the air. There were some personal problems for him and Iím sure that it affected his show to some extent.

George Noory has become much better over the years and has some excellent guests on from time to time. The Wednesday show on ďstem cell treatmentsĒ was very interesting and informative. This was when he had Christian Wilde talking about heart disease prevention and the advances in adult stem cell research. It seems to be a new direction in stem cells and it looks hopeful in making many lives better.

Anyone remember many years ago when Art had some bumper music that he always played and then he stopped because of some type of actions that were occurring? I loved the music but donít remember exactly what it was or why he had to stop playing it, although it was interesting at the time for some reason I canít remember it. George could improve the bumper music for sure.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:47 AM

6,351 posts, read 18,089,091 times
Thanks, Aksarben (and All) Maybe I should give C2C another try! Sometimes I get so burned out on Steve Sommers... I really like some of the regular callers but some of them are just plain IDIOTS. And every trucking issue has ben hashed (and RE-hashed) over and over. While his show has some great info, I sure hate having to listen for 5 hours to get 1 hour of great programming.

Speaking of "unconventional political discussion"; WLW 700 AM (Cincinnati) ran Bill Boshears on Saturday and Sunday nights. Bill could be as far out there as Art Bell, but I really enjoyed "washing my ears out" from WLW's mostly-Conservative other hosts. Bill had some REALLY "outside of the box" political discussions. Not that I always was with him but he was always good for making me think. Unfortunately, he got canned about a year ago. I miss him.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:06 PM

In my first post I mentioned the offbeat topics the show covers. But there are also some very serious and important subjects too. You cant beat entertaining and educational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio