U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,483,034 times

Advertisements

WORSTE IS CINCINNATI 101.1 THE WIZ. For example they played yeah by ushe today twice and then truned around and played mr. carter!

THE BEST IS 107.5 CHICAGO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,483,034 times
the underground rap stations like 92.3 chicago might play the same song once a day, maybe twice.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 3,517,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
Yea Shorty is my dude. I remember chattin with him on FB. He cool as hell. I heard of him back when he was still in St. Louis since I got family there. I still got to make a R&B mixtape and send it to him. Im trying to get radio play too lol. And why did 102.7 move to 107.5 anyway??? I always cycle between WJLB and 107.5 (I love Coco, Foolish, and Mr. Chase)
Anyway yea there is more local play now, I think after SDP and Big Sean, people are starting to pay more attention to Detroit now, some of them demanding more Detroit artist. Dusty Mcfly and Doughboys Cashout, Brandon Hines, John Brown ect is finally starting to get beyond the Michigan state lines.

That actually makes alot of since. Boosting the economy and saving money at the same time. Then on top of that, their making their city look like a major african american hub for entertainment which is bringing in even more money and people. When I was a kid it was just a couple artist coming out of there and that's really all I heard about Atlanta. Now it's everywhere, music, movies, TV shows. Hell, half of the black movies and TV shows these days are now set in Atlanta. Damn, I have to give Atlanta props, the unity that city has created to be more successful and change it's image is working in it's favor greatly. Someone should write a movie about this, "The Real Story of Atlanta" lol.
I met him at a party, he is cool. Lol now would be the time to get some air time. Man, yes this has def been the yr for Detroit artists. Don't for Royce finally getting what he deserve. He had videos on 106 for months straight. Strecth Money has become very popular through World Star, same with DBCO. They just signed to grand hustle. Helluva has been doing beats for national artists like Jeezy and Gucci/Waka. Even Danny Brown is really popular now and I don't even like him lol. I hope all of them do well, next up Team Eastside too.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 PM

6,968 posts, read 17,000,346 times
NYC

unless it Red Alert, its garbage

Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM

297 posts, read 325,004 times
Whenever I go through Chicago to go back home to Milwaukee, I am always sad to hear the signal die out. Timbuktu one of the DJ's on WGCI is Raw at what he does and the mixing is on point.

However, I do agree most radio station's have the same tired playlist, with some playing R&B more than others in fact most WestCoast stations avoid R&B like the plague these days SMH.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM

17,639 posts, read 24,024,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
the underground rap stations like 92.3 chicago might play the same song once a day, maybe twice.
That's not an underground station and yes, they do play the same songs throughout the day.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM

282 posts, read 377,972 times
I was used to 107.5 and 92.3 in Chicago but then I moved to San Antonio. The Beat 98.5 sucks! That's why I now have satellite radio. I love DJ Nina 9 on hip-hop nation

Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,553,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
WORSTE IS CINCINNATI 101.1 THE WIZ. For example they played yeah by ushe today twice and then truned around and played mr. carter!

THE BEST IS 107.5 CHICAGO
Ouch those are some really out of date songs....there is so much new music out that, that is lazy program directing and the only thing that would change that is competition.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's not an underground station and yes, they do play the same songs throughout the day.
Who owns 92.3?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiWonder13 View Post
Whenever I go through Chicago to go back home to Milwaukee, I am always sad to hear the signal die out. Timbuktu one of the DJ's on WGCI is Raw at what he does and the mixing is on point.

However, I do agree most radio station's have the same tired playlist, with some playing R&B more than others in fact most WestCoast stations avoid R&B like the plague these days SMH.
Well you have to ask? WHo like r&b the most??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio