Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM

6 posts, read 19,847 times

Advertisements

every major hiphop radio station in the nation. who's hot, is gettin the top spot. and who's hot is not, and they all mock the true meaning of hip-hop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
I really hate dumping on my city, but Chicago has SOME OF THE WORST RADIO STATIONS in the country. 107.5 WGCI and B96...WGCI plays like 7 songs in a hour full of "lol lol " or "You're a Jerk" I mean are these people serious???

Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacooldream View Post
Me personally I think its Philadelphia. All it plays is wack ass lil wayne, soulja boy and all these other corny rappers.Rappers that dont put heart in the music. And then they have little 12 year old callers calling up saying "OMG Play lil wayne lollipop or im going too kill my self" then they start screaming..

I think hiphop is dead.

I heard on the west coast they have west coast wednesdays which is only 20 min. of west coast rap.

The radio is brain washing all the little urban kids with $%@# rap..Its not even hiphop no more seriously.

Same with rock stations.. I mean Jonas brothers????????? Give me a break.

Its the same here too, they play the same rappers over and over and sometimes you will hear Lil Wayne like 6 times in one hour, different songs of course but it all sucks so very bad.

its the same songs played over and over and over and over and on top of that they play them for like 3 months 30 times a day

Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Help is on the way...trust me.

We're working hard, and working fast.

Soon Souljah Boy, Brittany Spears, Jonas Brothers and all of those kiddy bop artists will be a thing of the past.

Capitalism killed music. It's gonna take the people to bring it back.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 AM

50 posts, read 148,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.starks View Post
ah, so clear channel's the culprit!

good thing i don't listen to the radio (some listener-suported radio is pretty good though)
Dont forget Radio One they own a lot of urban stations.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
The Southern Hip Hop radio stations are the worst. They all play mainly Southern Hip Hop, which Southern Hip Hop killed Hip Hop.

Last edited by nycricanpapi; 09-03-2009 at 02:16 AM..

Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 AM

6 posts, read 19,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Help is on the way...trust me.

We're working hard, and working fast.

Soon Souljah Boy, Brittany Spears, Jonas Brothers and all of those kiddy bop artists will be a thing of the past.

Capitalism killed music. It's gonna take the people to bring it back.
what people? 75% of radio listeners support soulja boy and brittney spears. its kinda gettin depressin at this point, worst period in music's history, thats a fact. nobody these past 5-7 years blew the world by storm in a serious way in hip-hop like back in the 80's and 90's. hell ill take 01-04 music over 05-09 music anyday. let alone the 90's and 80's. we need more rappers who speak on true facts with deliverin lyrics and not the obvious, like "yeahh i get millions ima rapper i drive lamborghini" ok we get it man, who wants to hear about wat ur gettin? lol the culture isnt gonna change, blame that on mase n diddy for startin the whole mess.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 AM

517 posts, read 1,318,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfresh View Post
kmel and 949 both suck. all radio stations (hip hop) are the same, they all play the same crap
thats why i jus listen to my own music when im in the car.
the only radio i bother with is KNBR 680 THE SPORTS LEADER
mike
great knowledge
phenomenal knowledge
I might agree with you on 94.9, they do mostly play mainstream hip hop. However I think KMEL is a very good hip hop station. Yes they do rock mainstream songs often but they also include acts like Talib Kweli, Maxwell, Erykah Badu, Mos Def, goapele into their mixes.

I just checked out their play list for the last couple hours or so and they were bumping Tony Toni Tone, Rappin 4-tay, Too Short, E40, Rick Ross, Marvin Gaye, MC HAMMER!! LOL, Mac Dre, San Quin, 2 Pac and B.I.G....I mean come on

Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 AM

20,513 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
The Southern Hip Hop radio stations are the worst. They all play mainly Southern Hip Hop, which Southern Hip Hop killed Hip Hop.
What does this have to do with the topic of the thread.

Anyway, yes, all stations are equally bad. You can blame the telecommunications act of 1996 for this very reason. Not only has it affected radio, but it has affected television too in a very bad way. The record companies are to blame as well for signing garbage.

In DC like someone else said, you have 93.9 and 95.5 and they are BOTH very bad. Both.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
not sure the worst... but some of the black colleges have VERY good ones around the south if you are around one of them...
also I used to remember driving through mississippi and louisiana towards houston and hearing a lot of local stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUNnewYORK View Post
what people? 75% of radio listeners support soulja boy and brittney spears. its kinda gettin depressin at this point, worst period in music's history, thats a fact. nobody these past 5-7 years blew the world by storm in a serious way in hip-hop like back in the 80's and 90's. hell ill take 01-04 music over 05-09 music anyday. let alone the 90's and 80's. we need more rappers who speak on true facts with deliverin lyrics and not the obvious, like "yeahh i get millions ima rapper i drive lamborghini" ok we get it man, who wants to hear about wat ur gettin? lol the culture isnt gonna change, blame that on mase n diddy for startin the whole mess.
I think it was over soon as Puff Daddy and Ma$e came out with solo albums. so..about 97. haha WOW... I didn't read the last sentence before quoting you... scary we both pegged the same people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio