U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 PM

3,455 posts, read 3,849,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Rush couldn't hold a candle to Savage. Savage is much smarter and well educated than Rush. Savage is unique in his ideas and topics and has an independent mind of his own and isn't scared of alienating his audience. In other words if he says something that some of his fans don't agree with he doesn't give a dam. In essence he is very real and I also think that many people that don't like him have never actually listened to his show more than once. He's very hit and miss some day's his shows are really flat but other shows are amazing.

Rush is about as cut and dry as they come. Rush is basically a water boy for the Republican party. So if you want to hear someone who is a unique, entertaining, and a free thinker listen to Savage. If you want to hear someone say things like Republicans good Democrats bad all day listen to Rush and the like.
Not true at all. Rush is very critical of the Republican establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 01:44 PM

3,582 posts, read 2,728,234 times
Political talk radio is absolutely excruciating to listen to, and I listen to it because it's on at the office. Rush Limbaugh is the choice because he's on in the afternoons. I try to get it changed to Dave Ramsey because he offers useful advise rather than scathing (and useless) criticism, but most times I'm overruled (aaaah, democracy).

However, I listen to Bob Edwards because he has a wide range of interests and he has an outstanding radio voice. Right now he's talking about the old Gretsch 6120 electric guitar. What an incredible sound that thing produced. The bad thing about his show is that it is aired on Saturday afternoons.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 AM

4,468 posts, read 3,319,938 times
I don't listen to Rush or Michael Weiner (no wonder he changed is last name to Savage)...

Neither is the voice of the people...

Rush is the voice of the bankers and other elites...
Savage just promotes himself...

Old 08-22-2011, 12:59 AM

4,831 posts, read 5,420,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
As Rush once said "I am a schill for corporate America and well paid for it" nuff said
Do you have a link for that quote ? I am curious that he would say that....should I just google the phrase or email him with the question. Save me time and give a link, please.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:31 PM

5,915 posts, read 3,677,626 times
I listen to both, prefer Savage though. I like the way he deals with liberal callers, very entertaining.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:00 PM

4,831 posts, read 5,420,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson View Post
As Rush once said "I am a schill for corporate America and well paid for it" 'nuff said
I googled this quote and only came up with your statement, 3 hits, right back to this board.....link please or explain...

Old 09-22-2011, 12:57 AM

107 posts, read 43,428 times
Most of the people I know have their own voice.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM

15,695 posts, read 25,308,395 times
Both are quite entertaining, although Rush talks more about politics than Savage. Savage promotes himself quite a lot, but that's his business, I guess. While a lot of people don't like them, both have the largest listenership in the Nation.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM

15,695 posts, read 25,308,395 times
Bumping this one to the top.

I just had to vent about Savage: for a couple of weeks now all he talks about is how good Romney is and how bad Gingrich is. The later is a frog, a fat white man, a dough boy...to name a few. He was talking about how mean Gingrich is saying all those things against Romney, in Florida. The funny thing is that Romney's adds outnumbered Gingrich's 6 to 1 All of this while Rush has maintained his neutrality. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Rush is king?

And no, I am not trying to put savage down. I listen to both Savage and Rush, but for the past two weeks I have listened mostly to Rush because Savage has been quite demeaning toward the other candidates.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:34 PM

3,359 posts, read 5,972,879 times
It's hard for me to listen to niether right now...

Anyone can sound 100% correct all the time, when you never have guests on to counter what your saying...

They both love to talk about others, to slander others, belittle others, without ever allowing the people they talk about, on their shows, to defend or explain their positions...

And both shows have just gone to negative for me lately, to be able to tune in for more than a few minutes...if that...

At the end of the day talk radio is a business....and I see what both are doing...

They know their audiences well....how sad...

Last edited by Time and Space; 02-03-2012 at 08:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio