Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 12:03 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

We lost our cat today very suddenly. We were all grief stricken. It was sudden and she was a young cat.

Last night I picked up a pamphlet in a restaurant with the name of an animal communicator, Brenda Seldin in Narrowsburgh NY.

She spoke to my distraught husband for 20 minutes and then to me.
I know that not everyone is into this sort of thing, but what she said was of comfort to us.

I know that city data does not permit advertising so I will not give a link on this post. If you are interested in speaking to her send me a direct message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 04:15 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
I'm so sorry for your loss...I know how much it hurts, and my heart really goes out to you.

I, too, believe communication with our beloved animal companions is possible once they've crossed over...they're a dimension away and just because we might not be able to "tune in" to their dimension doesn't mean they can't tune into ours and visit us in dreams. When a cat of mine crossed over a couple of years ago, I can't even describe the pain I was experiencing, it was like my entire world had gone black and the light would never be turned back on. He came to me in a dream and comforted me, let me know he could hear/see me and even be in my realm etherically at will, and this event marked the beginning of true healing for me.

(((HUGS)))

Old 11-02-2010, 12:58 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
My Mastiff, Fiona was felt by us for the first couple of days. She used to sleep right next to my side of the bed and I would have to step way over to avoid her. I thought I heard her sigh when I was between sleep and awake. I am sure it was in my head, but the most lovely thing happened 3 days after she left, we had some rain and the most beautiful rainbow I have seen in years. She was on her way.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,583,607 times
Sorry for your loss of you beloved cat.

I used an animal communicator last year before I put my dog to sleep. All she asked was his name, breed, age and how long I had him. Then she zeroed in on him having a huge fear of a big nose bleed and my having to say good bye because of it and it being hectic so he wanted to go now before that bleed to go in peace.. ( He had nasal cancer so she did great at picking that up with me not saying a thing) Things she said to me meant so much so even if she was a fake what she said helped me. I do not think she is a fake because I had used her once before and she was so right on with things just as she was this time. Anyway her telling me he was ready to go and he knew I had done all I could for him then his very calm attitude when I did take him in ( normally he was very nervous at the vets) made me feel that yes he was ready and yes he knew why we were at the vets that day.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I guess this is the best forum for a dream I had recently. Without delving into religious dogma, I had a dream that I had somehow died and found myself in Limbo. I'm not catholic and don't necessarily believe in it or even in Hell. Anyway, it was a gloomy place, not terrible but not heaven and worse than earth. I saw some disturbing things and had run to what was taken for my house. I encountered some people, neither friendly or antagonistic, and ended up praying to God for deliverance or at least help in delaing with this place. I was surrounded by light and made aware that I was not alone and would not be there forever but could not yet see any loved ones who have crossed over. But I heard the sound of barking and was joined by our dogs who have passed. To say I was overjoyed and felt love even in that place is an understatement. There was more to the dream but I still think I somehow made contact with them.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I continue to feel the presence of dogs who have crossed over....nothing heavy or profound...but they are still around me....and they had a hand in picking the dog who filled the void they left...when it comes my time....i fully expect to be under a pile of doggies......who are all happy to see me and want to be assured that I never forgot them.....those doggies are the least complicated and most unencumbered message of love I ever expect to know.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
My sweet dog is about to cross over. I got him from a shelter, 10 years ago in October. At the time, they said they thought he was about 7 years old. He's a sturdy old bugger.

We used to run down to the creek, he loved lowland and would run along the creek bed, back and forth. Once, he was digging along the creek bed and as I got near, he brought me a duck egg, gently cradled on his tongue. (I thanked him and while he wasn't looking, I put the egg back).

He's about to move on. He sleeps heavily but has cataracts and can't see much, so there's not much else he can do. And he's getting wobbly.

He and I have always had a common time line. Seems we always have to go to the bathroom at the same time. When I get ready to go out - putting on my shoes - he'll drink some water and head for the door - to go out for relief, returning inside and settling down.

A couple of nights ago, wee hours of the a.m., I woke up to feeling his foot steps on my bed. He hasn't jumped up on the bed in years... somewhat against his instincts but I felt his paws between my legs then his hind legs settling in. I actually felt the pressure on the bed and my legs. I stayed still but reaching to check, there was nothing there. He can barely get up from sleeping, much less jump up on the bed now.

I believe our pets - or their spirits - will be waiting for us when we make our final journey. As our welcoming committee or guides through the unknown. I keep telling the little guy that there's big dogs out there waiting for him to come play. I look forward to seeing him again in about 30 years.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge