Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,479,246 times

Advertisements

Today with heavy hearts, we had to put our beloved 12 year old Juneau to sleep. her suffering from cancer was too much to bare. She fought a good fight against cancer but she got to the point where she could no longer get up by herself much less walk.

We will miss you Juneau, our loyal companion and gaurdian.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 11:21 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,003,924 times
Sorry for your loss. Juneau was a beautiful girl.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 AM

4,886 posts, read 13,790,716 times
You did the right thing by helping her pass on to her next life.
I was hesitant to do the same for my 19-year-old cat Weasie, whose weight had steadily plummeted for six months from the liver cancer that metastasized to her chest area and throughout her bloodstream. She'd kept on living life to the fullest at her usual manic energy level, devouring food and staying active, so much so that I think she even had the vet fooled. (Ever since September I'd been taking her in for regular weight checks, but she wasn't X-rayed until December 29th.) When the ounces continued to melt away after thyroid medication was tried and adjusted, then adjusted again, it couldn't be denied any more.
Only in her very last days did everything start to catch up with her. As happened with the OP's dog, her hind legs began collapsing beneath her if she so much as hopped. She stayed true to using the litter box - even for the last time before we kept that final vet appointment - but had also had some accidents. Most importantly, though, she told me in multiple ways that she'd loved every minute of her long life but couldn't stand existing any more. If it wasn't her hunched posture, it was her walking with a plodding gait with tail lowered or her just sitting there staring toward nothing. Cats are vain, so it hurt her pride to be drooling while food stayed smeared on her nose and mouth and something "gunky" oozed from her left eye. All this reminded me of an elderly person confined to a nursing-home bed with nothing to live for. And if all the visual clues weren't enough, Weasie took to sounding off with everything from clipped whimpers to drawn-out howls. She was beseeching me to not make her endure another minute of all the pain and humiliation. So I put selfishness aside and had her PTS on January 14th. And watching her leave behind agony to begin her new existence convinced me that I, too, had done the right thing.
In both cases the "pet owned" people found out what it meant to care enough to let go. And in both cases our departed animals thank us for that.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,704,038 times
So sorry for your loss. I believe she is now running the great fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Alixe and Charlie were there to greet her. <<hugs>>

Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,046,959 times
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl. May time ease your pain.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,384,273 times
I'm so very sorry, trihiker. Ending their misery is the hardest thing we have to go through with our pets, our last act of love for them. RIP Juneau.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,767,810 times
Ahhhhhhhhhh i am so sorry.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge