U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:30 PM

2,881 posts, read 2,474,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
I am just still surprised to find myself tearing up when I think of him on the anniversary of his death.
I'm with you there. Last May/June, we lost 3 girls in less than 3 weeks. The pain has faded and replaced with wonderful happy memories.

However, when I read or hear about someone else's loss - it hurts all over again. It's amazing how hard you can cry over a cat you've never met!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 AM

4,404 posts, read 4,580,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I'm with you there. Last May/June, we lost 3 girls in less than 3 weeks. The pain has faded and replaced with wonderful happy memories.

However, when I read or hear about someone else's loss - it hurts all over again. It's amazing how hard you can cry over a cat you've never met!
Isn't it? I get all teary when I hear about people who have had to put animals to sleep...ANY animal. I think that it is one of those experiences that you get past, you move on, but forever changes who you are as a person.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:13 AM

5,321 posts, read 1,547,616 times
My friend lost his cat that was around 23 yrs. old. I miss her as well as she spent a lot of time on my lap when I would visit. There are so many unloved and unwanted wonderful pets in shelters waiting for a good home. Open your heart to another cat or dog and let it love again. It will be good for your soul. All of my animals are rescues and always will be rescues.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
My friend lost his cat that was around 23 yrs. old. I miss her as well as she spent a lot of time on my lap when I would visit. There are so many unloved and unwanted wonderful pets in shelters waiting for a good home. Open your heart to another cat or dog and let it love again. It will be good for your soul. All of my animals are rescues and always will be rescues.
I "accidentally" adopted another cat not long after William's passing. (I went to help cuddle with the cats at a shelter and came home with one...we are perfect for one another and I couldn't leave him there, we chose each other). I say that it was William, and the amazing the relationship he and I shared, that made me want to open my heart to another pet. In a very real way, I feel that Maxwell was a gift from William as William allowed me to know the joys of having a cat in my life. An author I admire says that pets add a dimension to life that would not be there without them. This is so true.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
I "accidentally" adopted another cat not long after William's passing. (I went to help cuddle with the cats at a shelter and came home with one...we are perfect for one another and I couldn't leave him there, we chose each other). I say that it was William, and the amazing the relationship he and I shared, that made me want to open my heart to another pet. In a very real way, I feel that Maxwell was a gift from William as William allowed me to know the joys of having a cat in my life. An author I admire says that pets add a dimension to life that would not be there without them. This is so true.
I'm happy that you're on the mend and enjoy your new friend.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'm happy that you're on the mend and enjoy your new friend.
Thanks, it has been a while now, but I guess it is true that you move on to the happy memories but never stop missing them.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if all the unwanted shelter animals had a home. It's heartbreaking that so many wonderful pets are killed every day. I wish I could save them all.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 AM

It would. I also wish I could save every one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge