Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,757 times

Advertisements

i just took my dog dakota to the vet on sat 2/5/2013 for a complete check up and have her ears checked thinking she had a ear infection and she did they gave me ear drops that cost 104.00 and said she was in good shape heart,kidneys,liver and lungs looked and sounded good i was so happy knowing she was healthy.2 days later i called the vet back and said she hasn't eaten in 2 days and she's gotton really skinny they said bring her in so i did she had a sezior in front of the door they rushed out took her back gave her a shot and hooked her up to an i.v. i was crying so hard the vet said you have a very sick puppy here.i told her i was just her 2 days ago and the other vet said she was in perfect shape.she said they were going to keep her over night.then they called me right before they closed and said she might not make it through the night her blood test came back and she had kidney failure.so i spent all night crying and praying for a miracle and had all my family and friends praying for her to recover.went the next day they said they were gonna keep her 1 more day to give her a chance.i went to visit her the next day and she wanted to leave with me as sick as she was she wagged her tail and tryed to follow me.that next morning at 8:05 a.m. they called me and said she didn't make it through the night. that was on 2/7/13 and i regret not bringing her home with me and being with her she died all alone in a cage.i've been crying non stop for 4 days and nights and i'm crying now writing this and i can't stop thinking about her she was my best friend and she was only 5 yrs.old i feel they should of gave me the choice to leave her or bring her home if they knew she wasn't going to make it.i would of took her home she slept with me every night that's the first time being away from me and she dies.i am so heartbroken and sad.she was the most loving dog i ever had i love you and miss you so much dakota and you'll be in my heart forever you left me way to soon. R.I.P. my best friend love your mommy xoxo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,685,748 times
So sorry for your loss. <<hugs>>

Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,515,576 times
I cried when I read your post. I know you are hearing this all the time- but I am so very sorry for your loss. Know that your baby loved you.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,464,789 times
I am so sorry for your loss. So heartbreaking. I would feel the same way if mine died that way too. You made the best decision you could at that time. Don't beat yourself up too much over your decision. She knew you loved her and gave her the best years of her short life.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 AM

4 posts, read 10,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota burton View Post
i just took my dog dakota to the vet on sat 2/5/2013 for a complete check up and have her ears checked thinking she had a ear infection and she did they gave me ear drops that cost 104.00 and said she was in good shape heart,kidneys,liver and lungs looked and sounded good i was so happy knowing she was healthy.2 days later i called the vet back and said she hasn't eaten in 2 days and she's gotton really skinny they said bring her in so i did she had a sezior in front of the door they rushed out took her back gave her a shot and hooked her up to an i.v. i was crying so hard the vet said you have a very sick puppy here.i told her i was just her 2 days ago and the other vet said she was in perfect shape.she said they were going to keep her over night.then they called me right before they closed and said she might not make it through the night her blood test came back and she had kidney failure.so i spent all night crying and praying for a miracle and had all my family and friends praying for her to recover.went the next day they said they were gonna keep her 1 more day to give her a chance.i went to visit her the next day and she wanted to leave with me as sick as she was she wagged her tail and tryed to follow me.that next morning at 8:05 a.m. they called me and said she didn't make it through the night. that was on 2/7/13 and i regret not bringing her home with me and being with her she died all alone in a cage.i've been crying non stop for 4 days and nights and i'm crying now writing this and i can't stop thinking about her she was my best friend and she was only 5 yrs.old i feel they should of gave me the choice to leave her or bring her home if they knew she wasn't going to make it.i would of took her home she slept with me every night that's the first time being away from me and she dies.i am so heartbroken and sad.she was the most loving dog i ever had i love you and miss you so much dakota and you'll be in my heart forever you left me way to soon. R.I.P. my best friend love your mommy xoxo

I am going through the same thing just now with my dog Claret he is a 9 year old sheltie, a few months ago he had diahorrea and took him to the vet he prescribed pills but they made him very sick and did not cure the diahorra so phoned vet told me to persivere but icouldnt see him suffering. then few weeks ago he seemed to go off his food and was very lethalgic so took him to vet again they said he had an abcess on a tooth but would do a blood test i felt so relieved to think it was the abcess but vet phoned me in the afternoon to say he had kidney failure so i asked them to do all they could so they put him on a drip and started treatrment, They kept him in for 2 days then i got him home yesterday till Monday to see if treatment is working and kidneys beginning to function. He has been so lethalgic since i got him home and at one point seemed to take a fit for few minutes then settled down to sleep but he seems so confused and will not eat so i am trying to force feed him a little but will have to wait till tomorrow to get results of blood test butt i know how you feel i am devistated he is a P A T(pet as therapy) dog and all the residents in care home love him i just want to do the bet for him but dont want him to suffer and waste away i just dont know what i will do tomorrow if they say the Kidneys are not working any better on treatment. He is a poor soul and is loved so much like your dog was

Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,287,969 times
so sorry

it is hard

God Bless

Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 AM

12,702 posts, read 14,857,939 times
I'm so very sorry! I just lost my 7 yr old dog just about as suddenly as you on Thurs., Feb. 28th, except, I was there with him till the end. I started my thread here yesterday. My vet gave me suggestions of what he could do & it was up to me to let him know to do it or not though. $533.13 worth of vet bills still couldn't save him, so I can only imagine how much you paid!

The main pain is that I saw him daily for the last 7 years & all of sudden, I don't see him anymore & knowing I never will again is very, very sad! I hope y ou had take tons of pictures as I did.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 AM

thank you all so much he has just had another wee fit but just cuddled him and kept him calm and he is sleeping now i just dont know what to do but will take him back to vet at 8am tomorrow where they will put him on drip again and do blood tests please be good news but please dont let him suffer i am praying for him please please give him a wee chance

Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm so very sorry! I just lost my 7 yr old dog just about as suddenly as you on Thurs., Feb. 28th, except, I was there with him till the end. I started my thread here yesterday. My vet gave me suggestions of what he could do & it was up to me to let him know to do it or not though. $533.13 worth of vet bills still couldn't save him, so I can only imagine how much you paid!

The main pain is that I saw him daily for the last 7 years & all of sudden, I don't see him anymore & knowing I never will again is very, very sad! I hope y ou had take tons of pictures as I did.

yes i have so many pictures of him from a pup of 7 weeks i have three Sheltie and love them all so much but he was wee bit special as he had two new hips before he was i year but has had great life for 9 years and as i said he is a PETS AS THERAPY dog and loved to visit the old folk and they loved him too as he was so easy going, affectionate and loved everyone dogs too he would stop any dog in the street just to sniff hello to oh please please make him better and have a decent quality of life not to go this way Like you i wouldnt care how much it cost as long as they could stabllise him and lead a nice quiet old age

Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,685,748 times
The seizures mean his liver is so bad that toxins have built up in his blood. Now his brain is affected by the toxins. He is in end-stage liver failure. I had a cat with the exact same thing and I chose to end his suffering immediately.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge