U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:12 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,282,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
This is sort of a P.S., thanks for the comment, Myka was indeed a sweetie, a quiet kitty who never got into trouble. Btw, I looked at your profile and saw pics of Weejie, he was gorgeous! So very sad... but let's believe that he and Myka can now be friends and they will both wait for us at Rainbow Bridge...

I just realized today is officially 1 month since she left this world, I went to Photobucket to upload a picture of her I took from my DD's FB page and couldn't help but see in the album her last pics and I broke down and cried again, "Mykie" just didn't deserve to die the way she did. Maybe we should get together and cry over ... was going to say a glass of wine but lately I can't handle any stimulants at all. I think grieving for Myka, added to my other troubles, precipitated a new adrenal fatigue flare up, so I gotta be real careful from this point on (grumble, grumble, grumble! ).

Anyway, allow me to share this pic which is more like I want to remember her:

Oh that is a great picture! I love the glistening eyes!

Yes. I found after I lost Rudy who was an apparent Main Coon, building a website to honor his life was really therapeutic. Doing anything creative with pictures etc, scrap books really helps. It helps you cry out all the tears. It was back in the America Online Days when their staff would spend hours with you helping you build free websites.

Since I had trained Rudy how to do tricks I decided the site could not only be a tribute to him but also
show others how to train their cats. When I dropped AOL due to too many emailing restrictions I never
took the site down or moved it and someone else copied some of it. Here it is. You can see pictures of Weejie there too after I had just adopted him before I had trained him to do more than a few tricks.
I'm warning you though. This website is nothing fancy. It was my very first attempt at website building 16 or 17 years ago

CLEVER CATS!(How to Trick & Behavior Train Cats)

I'd trained him to "beg" though. Rudy knew a ton of tricks. I have a VHS of him doing a whole bunch. I wish I could figure out how to transfer it to DVD. Rudy was such a character. He loved that dinosaur. He would carry it around the house the way a dog might carry a favorite bone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 04:43 AM

910 posts, read 1,877,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I love your third paragraph. Reading sentiments like that are so touching I wish I could see him one last time not suffering. Or I wish he could give me a sign he's OK now and not too mad at me for not being able to do more to help him.

Did you ever think of having a session with an animal communicator? I would think it would be reassuring to hear through the communicator from the cat what happened. I seem to hire the wrong communicators and or tell them too much or have the session too soon after I've lost them, so I never really know if they are communicating with my cat or not. But I would love to find a really good one, or at least one that wouldn't charge me if they couldn't connect with my cat.
I know what you mean, I so wish I could've seen my Myka one last time, but I got the next best thing several weeks ago in a dream. Because I dreamed of her the day after she died and said "Myka you're alive!" but she ran from me (and then stopped to stare at me from a mirror in a bathroom) I asked that if I dreamed of her again that she would come to me when I called her and I got my wish, when I called her she came to me and leaned against me as I kneeled down, and in the dream I felt her warmth and the softness of her fur, I even noticed how her hind paws curled like they did in real life, it was so real I was surprised when I woke up.

You know, I thought I had dealt pretty well with her death but I don't think I have... I suffer from adrenal fatigue and about 10 days ago I began to have symptoms that interfered with my sleep, I thought it was food related but avoiding the suspected "culprit" didn't help, I just progressively felt worse and then I recalled how I'd had the same symptoms before, and truly the past few days have been hell for me and I just burst into tears thinking about Myka so I think the stess of grieving for her plus my other problems pushed me "over the edge", my sleep right now is a mess!

I had no idea what an animal communicator was until I read your post above, I had communicated with one who offered to talk on the phone with me and I wrote back telling her I was feeling better so that was that. Had I known what it meant I would've said yes, but I just dug out the e-mail and wrote her back because I don't think I've really dealt with this as well as I thought.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Oh that is a great picture! I love the glistening eyes!

Yes. I found after I lost Rudy who was an apparent Main Coon, building a website to honor his life was really therapeutic. Doing anything creative with pictures etc, scrap books really helps. It helps you cry out all the tears. It was back in the America Online Days when their staff would spend hours with you helping you build free websites.

Since I had trained Rudy how to do tricks I decided the site could not only be a tribute to him but also
show others how to train their cats. When I dropped AOL due to too many emailing restrictions I never
took the site down or moved it and someone else copied some of it. Here it is. You can see pictures of Weejie there too after I had just adopted him before I had trained him to do more than a few tricks.
I'm warning you though. This website is nothing fancy. It was my very first attempt at website building 16 or 17 years ago

CLEVER CATS!(How to Trick & Behavior Train Cats)

I'd trained him to "beg" though. Rudy knew a ton of tricks. I have a VHS of him doing a whole bunch. I wish I could figure out how to transfer it to DVD. Rudy was such a character. He loved that dinosaur. He would carry it around the house the way a dog might carry a favorite bone.
Oops, I didn't notice you wrote twice and I skipped this one. I went to your page, which I'm going to Fwd. to my daughter and bookmark in case I ever need it in the future, and saw the pics of your cats and I sincerely think they were so beautiful, maybe because I was crying about Myka it made me very sad to think they are both gone too... Oh boy I tell you, love of any kind is really risky in that it always carries the risk of being hurt one way or another, and because a pet's love is so pure it really hurts bad when they're gone, that is if we're the privileged ones that truly appreciate it, not everyone regards their pets as family like some of us do.

How did you learn about cat training? I had never heard of it until I saw that TV show that they have now, can't even remember the name now but it's with the tattooed guy that comes to people's houses, is it "My Cat From Hell"? But I guess I knew cats were trainable because I recall when we got our first, Ody, he didn't like being held but my daughter insisted that she was going to "break him" off of that and she'd pick him up and hold him even if he didn't like it. Well, eventually he began liking it and also became more mellow and loving with all of us. Myka also did not particularly like me to pick her up and pet her but I would do it anyway and not let her get away and after the first minute she relaxed and enjoyed it. The only one who was spontaneous with me was Shiloh, our 3rd.
We lived in a small house and at first we kept her in the BA to keep her separate from the other cats, since I didn't work I was her nurse as she came to us in pretty bad shape, and one day that I was sitting and I think not feeling very great she suddenly jumped on my lap and encouraged me to pet her, that day I knew she was really a keeper!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 AM

4,464 posts, read 4,716,202 times
I feel your pain. It can make your whole body ache with pain from the loss. I'm so sorry your friend is gone.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I feel your pain. It can make your whole body ache with pain from the loss. I'm so sorry your friend is gone.
Thank you for understanding!

- - - - - - - -

To whoever left the rep (thanks) asking if there were no pet-friendly apts. when I moved and didn't leave a name here's the answer:

With my budget I was very limited in choices and also very pressed for time to get out of where I was. I did first find a place where I could've kept a pet but it was a duplex apt. at the edge of a mobile home park of unknown reputation and a bit out of the way from the areas where I was working and where I do my shopping, etc., so I felt uneasy about living there, it also cost a little more than where I'm right now, so I decided to apply here which is more accessible to everything. It was a very hard choice to make, I cried a lot after I signed the lease thinking I might have to wait at least a year to get Myka. Then the next year I was not even working so in order to keep my rent from going up I had to sign another 1-year lease. But then, last year I had an car accident and my car was totaled and I was without a car for 4 months, perhaps if I'd been at that other place things could've been harder for me, where I'm at now there's a supermarket across the street that "saved the day" many times, and also much more accessible for a couple of friends who several times gave me a hand so it's one of those things that you never know if this was the way it was meant to be...

I would periodically dream with her and then get in a funk, so it was never easy for me, I just trusted that my daughter was taking good care of her, and whenever we talked she tried to reassure me, if I insisted she'd even get a little "edgy" with me because I didn't "trust her", I wonder what she thinks about that now...

I'm not one to hold a grudge indefinitely and I'm a big believer in forgiveness, I knew the whole time that I needed to move on from being so angry at her and also from blaming myself for leaving my "baby" behind but since she was 5 y.o. and completely healthy and I really expected things to work out differently I know I can't carry all the guilt because I didn't know how things were going to turn up. So a couple of weeks ago I sent her a brief e-mail and we're communicating again. I'd also had a "falling out" with my son because of that but we're fine now too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge