Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 05:57 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

It has been two years since I last lost one of my sweet babies. Sadly, this morning at 6:20 a.m. I lost the sweetest baby of them all - my little Gypsy - a sweet dark striped tabby with the biggest blue-green eyes you ever saw! I found him when he was no bigger than a mouse - his mama had abandoned him, so I took him home and nursed him and he grew up beautiful and healthy. Gypsy was so smart - he knew that the doorknob was what opened the door and he would stand up and rattle it trying to open it when he wanted in to a closed room! He would also pout if we took a vacation and left a stranger to care for him, but he loved me and always forgave me.

Gypsy was almost 14, he had started having issues last year, first with diabetes which seemed to clear up, but he seemed to be deteriorating, his fur lost its luster and he ate and ate but didn't gain, vet couldn't find a definite problem. Anyway last week he came down with a respiratory infection and I took him in to the vet but he declined rapidly. He mercifully passed away in the comfort of his home, I had planned to take him in to release him from his suffering, but so thankful neither of us had to go through that.

I am sick with grief right now, as much as I love all my fur babies, this one was my special favorite, and I will miss him more than I even care to think about right now. I know everyone here feels the same about their babies, my condolences to all of you who have lost one. Anyone who says animals like cats and dogs don't have feelings have no idea what they are talking about and have probably never had one! I hope Gypsy is now running and playing with all the other special ones at the Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you for listening, going to go cry now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 07:50 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
It has been two years since I last lost one of my sweet babies. Sadly, this morning at 6:20 a.m. I lost the sweetest baby of them all - my little Gypsy - a sweet dark striped tabby with the biggest blue-green eyes you ever saw! I found him when he was no bigger than a mouse - his mama had abandoned him, so I took him home and nursed him and he grew up beautiful and healthy. Gypsy was so smart - he knew that the doorknob was what opened the door and he would stand up and rattle it trying to open it when he wanted in to a closed room! He would also pout if we took a vacation and left a stranger to care for him, but he loved me and always forgave me.

Gypsy was almost 14, he had started having issues last year, first with diabetes which seemed to clear up, but he seemed to be deteriorating, his fur lost its luster and he ate and ate but didn't gain, vet couldn't find a definite problem. Anyway last week he came down with a respiratory infection and I took him in to the vet but he declined rapidly. He mercifully passed away in the comfort of his home, I had planned to take him in to release him from his suffering, but so thankful neither of us had to go through that.

I am sick with grief right now, as much as I love all my fur babies, this one was my special favorite, and I will miss him more than I even care to think about right now. I know everyone here feels the same about their babies, my condolences to all of you who have lost one. Anyone who says animals like cats and dogs don't have feelings have no idea what they are talking about and have probably never had one! I hope Gypsy is now running and playing with all the other special ones at the Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you for listening, going to go cry now...
I am so sorry. It hurts, I know.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,123,754 times
My heart aches for you. Our darlings are all together, waiting for us and their friends.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:36 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So sorry for your loss. I believe he is now running the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Buster and Katrina were there to greet him. <<hugs>>

Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I'm so sorry about Gypsy.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:10 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
I've been in a "funk" lately because yesterday marked the anniversary of the memorably heartwarming "Farewell Tour" around the neighborhood I took Weasie on. Stricken with liver cancer during the early summer of '11, she'd not only kept going in her inimitable style but had even stepped up her game. The reception we got was amazing - and was documented here at the time. After the tour I gave her the evening and the following morning to make the rounds herself. That (save for an attempt to bolt on the following Friday which I was, thankfully, able to thwart) proved to be the last time Weasie went outside on her own. Her already poor health declined precipitously and she passed her days listless and crying. On 1/14/12 I took her to the vet and helped her make a peaceful exit from this life.

While I think of and miss my feline friend of over nineteen years daily, all the more so during this anniversary period, I have lots of memories to smile about. So I know that in time the OP will also reach this "acceptance" stage. To her (?) I can only advise, "Don't hold back." If people don't understand someone's being morose over losing a four-legged family member it's their problem. "Grief has no timetable" - I'll dig up that saying I borrowed too. Each day gets a tiny bit better.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:17 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Thank you all for your sweet and thoughtful replies. I am doing my best not to think too much about him right now. The worst time for me is at night when I go to bed and can't control my thoughts. But each day does get a bit better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge