U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:35 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,707,619 times

Advertisements

How sad for everyone this makes my heart ache. I hope you and your family find answers and can soon heal from this horrible loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 PM

19,815 posts, read 55,781,243 times
SO sorry for your loss. <<HUGS>>

Old 01-08-2014, 07:35 AM

1,563 posts, read 1,611,127 times
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I'm not sure I'll ever get the answers I need but, if there was some sort of neglect, I want to ensure that it doesn't happen to another pup.

Question for any and all that have ever lost a pup (either of old age, sick or unexpectedly) do you sometimes feel guilty loving on your other pets? I ask because, while I want to shower my pup Sawyer with love, I, at the same time, feel guilty for no longer being able to shower Skippy with love. I don't know if that is normal or not. I wish I could have been with Skippy. I now, want to shower Sawyer with love but I feel guilty because I wasn't there with Skip when he needed me. It's been a tough few days.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:17 PM

4,582 posts, read 5,006,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I'm not sure I'll ever get the answers I need but, if there was some sort of neglect, I want to ensure that it doesn't happen to another pup.

Question for any and all that have ever lost a pup (either of old age, sick or unexpectedly) do you sometimes feel guilty loving on your other pets? I ask because, while I want to shower my pup Sawyer with love, I, at the same time, feel guilty for no longer being able to shower Skippy with love. I don't know if that is normal or not. I wish I could have been with Skippy. I now, want to shower Sawyer with love but I feel guilty because I wasn't there with Skip when he needed me. It's been a tough few days.
Of course you want to love Sawyer. You need that connection with your dog. Sawyer probably needs it too. Love your baby and remember Skippy in your heart.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 PM

621 posts, read 1,038,576 times
I am so sorry for the loss of your pet...no matter how it happens it's always difficult.
Sometimes they just get sick very quickly and there is nothing that can be done. Sometimes dogs are fine one minute and then with very little warning, something happens and they die.

This just happened to me this past fall. I run competitive bird dogs and our dogs are in the utmost condition, fed the best, watched over constantly. We ran our girl in a gun dog stake and she did a great job! We were so very proud of her. About an hour later she fell over and died within minutes. The vet on the grounds felt a small mass in her belly area and he figures she had an aneurism and it burst. There was absolutely nothing that could be done to save her, and she went very fast and very peacefully. We were all just stunned. How could an extremely athletic and obviously healthy animal give such an outstanding performance and be gone in an hour?

So sometimes, just like people, heart attacks happen, bleeds happen all without any notice. We all cried, and she was buried there on the grounds, at the site of her last bird find. It's now known as Stella's Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge