Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 AM

328 posts, read 839,171 times

Advertisements

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00272 (3).JPG
Views:	495
Size:	643.6 KB
ID:	123829

Lisa came into my life as a kitten, brought into the SPCA with her brother Bart (yes the Simpsons was the inspiration and their personalities matched). They were a package deal and I took them both. I remember vividly how each one fit snugly in the palms of my hands. This was November of 1994. My SO had passed away a month earlier so they brought me solace in a terrible time.

Over the years, Lisa became my special baby. She greeted me when I came home, was most always at my side, and there to comfort me when my mother passed. She was my constant companion. She rarely complained. Lisa taught me so much about love, caring, and what it means to be responsible for all creatures.

Lisa became ill with Chronic Renal Disease last year. I knew her time was coming and resolved to make her life as comfortable and meaningful as possible. It was difficult managing her disease, but she was a trooper through it all. I would not change anything.

Lisa decided she was done late Friday evening and in her usual grace, waited for me to let go. I helped her cross the Rainbow Bridge yesterday afternoon. It was peaceful.

I know at 19, she was an old gal. I'm grateful for every day she was with me. While my heart is heavy with loss, I know she's in a better place.

Go in peace my little love. I'm richer for having you in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 09:48 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
So sorry for your loss! I believe she is now running the great catnip fields of the sky, happy and healthy, with lots of new friends. My Buster and Katrina were there to greet her. <<hugs>>

Old 01-12-2014, 12:55 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times
My "Weasie" also made it into her twentieth year. She confronted metastatic liver cancer with her usual gumption, and did and was all that was brought up in the OP - and more. (She was even also brought to me along with her brother - "Puppy," who sadly was with us for only three months before disappearing.) Not only that, she bade farewell to this life at the vet clinic on the second Saturday in January - of 2012, in her case. Because of this, New Year's Day now always brings mixed emotions and I lapse into "moping" right about now. Weasie has two successors fully deserving of the title - a mother and daughter - but will never be replaced. She, meanwhile, has a new friend in the "spirit world" or "afterlife" who was named after a juvenile female saxophone player so should be an interesting companion. Once Weeze teaches Lisa to become a treat scamming expert they'll be dangerous together. LOL through dampening eyes.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,572,540 times
I am so very sorry for your loss. It seems there are lots of folks going through this pain here recently - mostly after sharing many years of happy meows and head butts. Your Lisa sounds like she was a delightful baby - and she has been with you through many of life's toughest trials. I'm happy for her that she had you there with her when she needed you most. She repaid your love to her with her years of devotion and comfort - and you can ask for no more. I know your heart is breaking right now - but I thank you for sharing her with all of us here. She looks like a beautiful little lady - and now she is at home with her brother. I'm sending you a gigantic hug - until you find another to help your heart mend. Take care of yourself....(((hugs)))

Old 01-12-2014, 02:40 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Awww, rmkiefer07, I'm sad that you have lost your constant companion, but happy that you gave her such a good life, and you have peace knowing that. She made it 19 years, that is some serious love and commitment on your part, and I hope you find comfort in knowing that you gave her the best of everything that you had to offer. She will always be with you, though not physically. To continue to honor her, take everything that she taught you, share it with others, and carry it forward in your life with people, and even other animals. It truly is amazing what our pets can teach us, isn't it?

RIP little Lisa.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 PM

328 posts, read 839,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
My "Weasie" also made it into her twentieth year. She confronted metastatic liver cancer with her usual gumption, and did and was all that was brought up in the OP - and more. (She was even also brought to me along with her brother - "Puppy," who sadly was with us for only three months before disappearing.) Not only that, she bade farewell to this life at the vet clinic on the second Saturday in January - of 2012, in her case. Because of this, New Year's Day now always brings mixed emotions and I lapse into "moping" right about now. Weasie has two successors fully deserving of the title - a mother and daughter - but will never be replaced. She, meanwhile, has a new friend in the "spirit world" or "afterlife" who was named after a juvenile female saxophone player so should be an interesting companion. Once Weeze teaches Lisa to become a treat scamming expert they'll be dangerous together. LOL through dampening eyes.
So sorry about Weasie. Sounds like she and Lisa came from the same litter. One year to the day - I think you and I will both be sharing those mixed emotions at the next New Years. This is uncanny. About six months after moving to another house, Bart went outside and while I was working in the backyard, he disappeared. I've since learned that we have a family of coyotes living in the area and I'm convinced he was taken.

Thank you all for your kind comments - they mean a lot and encourage me to forge forward.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
God Bless You and God Bless Lisa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge