Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 04:58 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

My sweet, precious little tuxedo cat, Annie, crossed over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon at the age of 22 human years (or 104 cat years). She came into my life on my birthday, in 1995. I had recently lost another cat and when I had our Cocker Spaniel in to see the vet one day, she asked me if I was ready for another cat. While taking a lunchtime walk, a friend of hers had found a litter of kittens that had been abandoned in a box along a river near the city. Annie was a joy to me from the moment I took her into my home at 6-8 weeks old until I had to main the difficult decision this afternoon to have her put to sleep.

She had hardly been sick a day in her life, but yesterday morning, as I was sitting at my computer, I glanced down to see that she was starting to go into a grand mal seizure. We rushed her to the vet, where they kept her until closing. Since she seemed so much better by closing time, they called and told me I could take her home. After a very peaceful, uneventful night, she had another seizure this morning. Again, we rushed her to the vet, where we left her in their care. A few hours later they called me to tell me she'd had a third seizure, and that it was almost certain that she had some sort of a brain lesion.

I held her in my arms as the vet put her to sleep. She was extremely relaxed and comfortable. I know she has joined my other pets (numerous cats and dogs) in a better place, and I am confident I will be able to hold her again someday and listen to her purr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 07:03 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Annie. She did indeed live a beautiful life, as evidenced by her 22 years. What a gift for both you and her. I know your heart is so broken right now, especially since this was very sudden. We lost our precious Maine Coon boy almost two years ago, and it still hurts. I remember those first days well.

May you find peace in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life. May the love that you shared with each other comfort your heart. *Hugs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge