U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,975,784 times

Advertisements

Unconditionally

Unconditionally
You were there
Aways
Never faltering
With eyes wide open
Admiring
Giving hope and strenght
A reason for being
With a heart that never stopped giving
Until your final breath
I am
Forever grateful, humbled
Unconditionally

I wrote this the day after my cat passed away in June 2006. I'm by no means a poet...that was just what came to mind and I wrote it down.
I hope this is not in the wrong spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 PM

12,409 posts, read 15,091,383 times
Maggie that was a great poem..It is about the unconditional love of our fur friends..Something we seldom see in humans..It was full of emotion..I usually go grab pen and paper when I am emotionally upset and can"t put the words "out loud", but seems like I can write from my heart and soul..I believe you do the same..I hope you have gotten another pet..

Old 03-14-2008, 05:43 AM

thanks blue62, no other pet yet, I'm moving to California next month so it's wise to wait till I am settled. I am sure to get some shelter cat(s) asap though. It took me a while to get past the "I don't want any other pets again". When you miss them so much and hurt like crazy and wonder if you did the right thing, it's not fair for another pet to come into that situation. But now I feel ready to have another cat boss me around!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:09 PM

253 posts, read 729,850 times
That was from your heart and it doesn't need to rhyme, but it makes sense to pet people and it was beautiful.
Take your time and go get another one to love and be sure to sentence them to "life with you".
Some little kitten is going to get very lucky.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:24 PM

3 posts, read 6,323 times
Maggie just read your poem to your cat and it's beautiful i have 2 cats and 2 dogs and wouldn't know what to do without them. We have had 2 other cats pass and I wish I could have written something as lovely as you have written. Make sure that you get yourself another cat you have so much to give.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,997,357 times
Pets are angels on earth. They love us without end and are loyal til we part. Those who don't care for animals and have never cared for a pet, are truly missing one of the greatest gifts. To be loved by an animal is one of the greatest feelings..

Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM

update
time passed and I now live in Europe (since 2006)..I adopted 3 cats from the shelter plus I care for kittens till they are old enough to find homes for them...I also volunteer at the shelter 6 days a week.....busy, busy but so very rewarding...I feel so useful doing this and even if so many say they volunteer to help others, we also help ourselves feel good and wanted by volunteering so it's good for all involved...

Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 PM

4,404 posts, read 5,505,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
update
time passed and I now live in Europe (since 2006)..I adopted 3 cats from the shelter plus I care for kittens till they are old enough to find homes for them...I also volunteer at the shelter 6 days a week.....busy, busy but so very rewarding...I feel so useful doing this and even if so many say they volunteer to help others, we also help ourselves feel good and wanted by volunteering so it's good for all involved...
That's SO great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge