U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2007, 06:27 PM

2,640 posts, read 154,714 times
MsPurryCat,

I am so sorry for your loss. There is a site called catster.com where you can post pics of your beloved feline, write stories about him, post on forums, and the like. It is a really cool site, I think, and you may enjoy it too. I have my two dogs on dogster.com.

Rest in peace, dear Teek!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 PM

1,117 posts, read 3,127,468 times
I'm sorry that your cat was killed. I know what it feels like to have a pet you love so much die. And to have been killed by those two dogs is awful. I had a puppy attacked by two dogs once and it is a miracle that he lived.

Your son must feel just terrible, that poor kid! He probably feels so guilty that it was him to let the cat out, and now his mother is so angry with him over it. I hope you can forgive him, and most of all, I hope he can forgive himself. Twelve year old kids do goofy things, sometimes they just don't think - even the best of them can sometimes be in la-la land. Imagine how angry or ashamed he must be with himself.
I feel sad for your boy.

I loved our dog who died two months ago, but I love my three children more. If I were in your place, I would forgive my precious son and not add to his pain.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 AM

7,138 posts, read 9,145,449 times
Alot of beautiful posts here! So sorry about the loss of your beloved kitty, MsPurry. I, too, lost my wonderful cat of 18 years several years ago. I was working in Chandler, AZ at the time, staying at a very nice condo. I let her out on the veranda, and she always came right back in. But during Halloween, let her out in the DAYTIME, and she never came back. Have always heard about cats disappearing around that time, so I should have known better, but was such a beautiful sunny day. My guess though, is she was so old, and maybe went somewhere to die. Though seemingly she was in good health, just slept alot more than usual the last few months of her life.

It took 2 years before I felt like looking for another cat, and then looked for one just like her. Found my present Beauty on a siamese rescue site in Texas, looks alot like her, but NOTHING like her in personality! But have learned to love her dearly, never forgetting my Daisy.

You will have to go through a grieving time for now, and the memories of your dear kitty will always be with you. Hoping you can find another pet when the time is right to love and cherish!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,347 times
Default dangerous garage doors

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard. We lost our 10 month old kitty Wednesday night. She tried to dart under the garage door & it closed on her neck. I found her when I was going to bring them in for the night. My other cat was sitting on top of her just looking at me. I moved her to a box because my 15 year old son was on his way home and I didn't want him to see her like that. It was his cat, he had picked her out at the shelter and taken such good care of her. We are all stick heart broken. Now we are worried that the same thing will happen to our other cat. Does anyone know how to make the garage door safe? It has sensor's but she must have darted under them. We will probably get another kitten in a few months so our other cat wont' be so lonely and I don't want this to happen again.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:14 PM

850 posts, read 2,046,152 times
Dear Amy,

I am so sorry for your lost. It is never an easy thing to say goodbye to our furry children - and I have certainly lost my share. We lived on a farm once upon a time - and I cannot tell you how many times the dogs would get in the road, etc. - many close calls, and then eventually I was where you are.

My Jack Russell died in 2004. My son had let them out that morning in the dark, and forgot about them for a few minutes Jack and Mel, my australian Shepherd were doing well with staying close to the house, but that morning found a hole in the fence we did not know was there.

My oldest son's friend came in a few minutes later to pick him up for school, and told us Jack was in the road. It was as though time had stopped. Jack was 7 and a 'dog from hell' when he was a puppy, but he was family. We were all devaststed. The saddest part - Mel never left his side. Apparently they had been crossing the road, Jack got hit, and Mel was sitting in the road beside him when Jeremy found them.

It's never easy. My Black lab, Jenny - met the same demise, but slowly, she had a nbad habit of chasing cars - we did everything, shock collar, fence, you name it - but she always got out. I came in from work around Christmas one year, and my husband was standing out side with her. I knew what had happened. We threw her in the van and took her to the Animal hospital, but we had to let her go. I still blame myself for not being strong enough to hold her while she left us. My best friend Susan had to do it. I couldn't bear it.

You are not alone. Cry, let it out. I wrote down all of my memories of Jack while it was very raw on my mind, and wrotte a poem about him, crying all thw while. It was tough - but in the long run better than holding it in.

A few months later, I got a 'pound puppy', Max from a local flea market. Best 50.00 dog I ever got.

You will get through - but it is as hard as losing a person. My heart goes out to you and your son. Don't let him blame himself as mine did - he doesn't need to. Things happen, and the worst thing you can do right now is make him feel worse than he already does. He will carry this with him for the rest of his life. Thats a big deal when you are 12. Take his grief away, and let him know you love him. My oldest stepped on a pup once - they were cobered up with a towel while we were bringing in groceries. I cannot tell you the details - can't talk about it - but I flew off the handle at him, grabbed him by the shirt collar and explelled all my anger onto him. Worse mistake I have made as a parent. When I came to my senses - I pulled him into my arms, apologized a thousand times over, and asked his forgiveness. Accidents happen. Kids are kids. Love him and get through this together.

KimmieyKY

Take care, and find peace.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:12 AM

16 posts, read 75,768 times
I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and they are my only family so you know they are very important to me. We have traveled all over the country together. I lost one of my older dogs 5 months ago and it still makes me cry to think he is gone. Your son is more than likely broken hearted too. It is something that can happen to anyone, it wasn't planned. He just might need a big hug himself knowing what has happened. There won't be a day that he won't think of this one mistake. No one should live with that much pain in his heart without you forgiving him. He does need to know that you love him. So sorry for your loss and your pain. blessings niki

Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM

8 posts, read 14,030 times
Smile I'm doing much better!

Hello all! Thanks again for all the love and outpouring support from all of you! It means so much to me. I really appreciate you all. I feel such a bond with all you other animal lovers! Thanks again. I'm healing, my son and I are fine, I have hugged him and loved him and let him know I know it's not fault. Could've happened to anyone. So thanks again! Many Blessings!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:10 PM

699 posts, read 1,739,045 times
I lost my Ritchie, a 10 year old yellow lab, to cancer last summer. It's been a year and a half and I still can't even tell a story about him without getting emotional. I know I shouldn't have gotten so attached to him, but I didn't knowingly do it that way...it just happened and I didn't think about him actually dying. At least not so young.

The best thing is I have one of his puppies that no one bought a few years ago. Even though he's black (I have his mother too, she's chocolate) he looks exactly like Ritchie. I'm rambling now, but the neatest part of the story is: I happened to be offered a weimaraner puppy thru a co-worker last spring. The litter was rescued from some tragedy, and I swear she is Ritchie reincarnated. Her habits, her assertive personality, the way she sleeps, eats, plays...it's unbelievable. I'm not a crazy person, but I have wondered if his spirit is in her somehow.

I guess I'm lucky to have all 3 of my dogs. That definitely helped me thru it all. People without pets or who aren't animal lovers don't really understand what pet lovers go thru when they lose a beloved pet. It was as painful as if an immediate family member had died...you see your pet every day...he greets you excitedly when you come home...he loves you unconditionally...he'll do anything for you. It's a life changing loss that only people who love their pets can understand. I hope you found some helpful websites...there was some rainbow poem that the crematorium sent with his ashes, it was pretty sweet and cheered me a little.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:57 AM

8 posts, read 14,030 times
Cool Just to let you all know, I went to Catster.com

What a wonderful site! NOw I have a whole page there dedicated to my sweet teek! He's such a beautiful boy and I am so sad he's gone. Soon I will be looking for another kitty, a black and white one just like he was. His brother has seemed distant and detatched since it happened. I've been trying to love him up but it's been hard. This am he finally sat on my lap for a long time and I hugged him and told him how much I love him. I know he can feell that. Thanks again to all of you! I love you all and feel so sorry for all of your loss's as well. It's so hard. Many Blessings to all of you!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,323 times
Default Its hard losing a loved animal

I know what it is like to lose a loved animal. They become part of the family. I memorialized my pet on www.mypetobit.com (broken link) . Then you can forever remember your pet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge