U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:43 PM

4,248 posts, read 6,462,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
I felt this way about my Minh. I lost him in April. He was an awesome cat. The best cat ever! I felt I could not ever get another kitty, felt it would hurt his feelings.....

Then one day, a pair of little vagabond feral kittens took up residence of all places, under my riding mower! They were wild little men, hissing, and spitting, not that they could do much damage as tiny as they were! They were eventually caught by us, and domesticated....sadly one of them did not live, but the other did.....his name is Shadow T. Cat.

I feel that Minh sent them to us. Why? That's precisely how we met HIM. He came to our house, and was helped to have a great life for six years, and these little guys needed the same! They were sick, and with an uncertain future....and while little Chessie did not survive, Shadow continues to grow into a beautiful boy, and I feel now, that while he can never be my Minh kitty, he makes me laugh, smile, and feel better....and I would bet, that makes Minh feel happier, in the realm of spirit, knowing that mommy will care for another kitty who needed help....I think he would have been saddened, and truly hurt, had I turned away from these little guys.....

I miss Minh, and even now, months later, I still have my bad moments, where I cry, and cry, and wish he were still here.....but then, here comes Shadow, to jump up in my lap, and purr, nuzzle me up, and remind me that he loves me too....
Thanks for sharing. I just cannot see myself with another dog, but if I found one roaming around who needed a home, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. I had a dog I named Gypsy, as I found her wandering on railroad tracks. She had pretty severe skin issues, but after some time with me they cleared up. If some pooch comes my way, I will take him in. But, like I said, I just feel I'd be betraying Teddy's memory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 03:02 PM

303 posts, read 657,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Thanks for sharing. I just cannot see myself with another dog, but if I found one roaming around who needed a home, I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. I had a dog I named Gypsy, as I found her wandering on railroad tracks. She had pretty severe skin issues, but after some time with me they cleared up. If some pooch comes my way, I will take him in. But, like I said, I just feel I'd be betraying Teddy's memory.
I have to believe that your beloved Teddy would want you to be happy. Teddy would be happy for you to move on to love and nurture another dog who would need a companion and a warm home with love.There is one out there that needs to be wanted and loved. They return back so much more.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 PM

244 posts, read 481,142 times
Have you ever watched the Animal Planet Channel? Their used to be a show called the Pet Psychic. That woman was fabulous, incredible and had integrity. She would be talking with all sorts of animals here and crossed on. She was not making that up! I remember one show where a Zebra was telling her that the care taker sang and the Zebra loved it. The trainer was aghast that she would know that. And at the end of the show she would communicate with people and their animals that have crossed. Our little ones are only a thin veil from us now and some day we will all be together.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 AM

10,266 posts, read 10,798,411 times
YES there is one. How can there not be??? For all the joys our pets bring us, they HAVE to have a separate heaven waiting for them. Then they get to join us. I'll have many kitties waiting for me and I CANT WAIT!!

Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM

2,421 posts, read 3,078,687 times
I believe! I believe that God created animals for our enjoyment. Animals are mentioned in the Bible. I do feel there's a special place for our beloved friends. Afterall, Heaven just won't be Heaven w/o my furry friends.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,810,705 times
Is it real?? Of course it is.. it's the most beautiful place in the world next to the heavens. What makes it so unique is it applies to cats and dogs-- since when you think about it, the loved alot of the same things..
Just envision it: Endless green fields of fluffy grass with beautiful flowers everywhere, trickling blue streams for drinking fresh cold water, and for afternoon frolicks, Country style wooden bridges and vine laced trellaces for cool shady rests. Playmates everywhere..The most gorgeous blue sky you could ever fathom, unlike any blue you have ever seen with a beaming sunshine for our beloved to bask in days on end..A perfect 75 degrees painfree life forever.. and they will see you again. When it comes down to it-- their rainbow bridge will collide with your heaven and you will snuggle again..

yeah, that's what it is to me. Maybe it wasn't a story, but it's too real for me not to believe : )

Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 PM

15,955 posts, read 25,125,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I always have thought if there is a God it would be an awfully cruel one to not let our pets live on, so thanks for reminding me.

I am not sure I can ever have another dog though, as it just hurts too much when they leave and the pain never goes away. There can never be another Teddy, I am afraid and I think I'd feel like I was betraying his memory to get another dog. Thanks.
I know how you feel - my last one left me in April of 2007. But I don't think I would be betraying her memory, she would want me to be happy. I take comfort in knowing she is with her first master.

I'm not ready yet but I certainly miss having a dog. I have to hold myself back from adopting as I am at work most of the time. I'll be retiring early in four or five years, would like to travel and then get a dog.

If you can set a goal and look forward maybe that would help. We feel for you...

Old 08-13-2008, 08:35 PM

4,248 posts, read 6,462,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I know how you feel - my last one left me in April of 2007. But I don't think I would be betraying her memory, she would want me to be happy. I take comfort in knowing she is with her first master.

I'm not ready yet but I certainly miss having a dog. I have to hold myself back from adopting as I am at work most of the time. I'll be retiring early in four or five years, would like to travel and then get a dog.

If you can set a goal and look forward maybe that would help. We feel for you...
Thanks. I am at the point where another dog is really the last thing on my mind, as I still miss my little one so much. I just started a new job in a whole new career field and I can't tell if I dislike this new job or if I just still feel such grief that it's spilling over into this new job. Plus, and to make things worse, it involves a LOT of driving and I just happen to have a driving phobia. I do see a therapist and she has said this is like The Perfect Storm for me. Too many stressful things all colliding together at the same time. I quit the job after only one day (five days after the cremation service) and they convinced me to stay on. I am just going through the motions at this point, but I feel overwhelmed. Unsure of everything. The only thing I am sure of is that I want my little angel back...

Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,840,207 times
All dogs go to Heaven! If they don't, I want to go where they go!

Old 12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
bjh
Status: "Stored at 72 degrees until further notice" (set 14 days ago)

20,159 posts, read 11,571,045 times
Of course! Silly question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge