U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,519 times

Advertisements

our 10 y/o miniture shtzu named MeiLing we had to put her to sleep this morning she had a tumor removed in April of 2008 and she had kidney stones after her surgery after about a month she wasw healthy and back to her old self again we were told by our vet that they did not get all the cancer out of her and that it may come back on her. MeiLing she was a wonderful dog when my mother passed away we took her in to our home it took time but we fell in love with her she was a wonderful pet.My wife lainie she also took part in training her and she grew to love us. she was a very playful dog she always met me at the door when i came home from work and we always played with her.last month things started to change she was getting sick and stop eating her food and treats. we tried everything we thought it was maybe a stomach bug..after a while i felt under her tummy a lump and i new what it was.she didnt sleep as much and last night i stayed with her and i new something was wrong she looked at me with her beautiful eyes and i saw tears.i decided what i had to do friday morning i called my vet and took her down for her to be checked and he said that the tumors came back my wife and i were in tears we loved MeiLing very much ....she is now a angel in heaven with my mother. everyone please take care and love your pets. its a hard thing to loose them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 07:12 PM

76 posts, read 189,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick64 View Post
our 10 y/o miniture shtzu named MeiLing we had to put her to sleep this morning she had a tumor removed in April of 2008 and she had kidney stones after her surgery after about a month she wasw healthy and back to her old self again we were told by our vet that they did not get all the cancer out of her and that it may come back on her. MeiLing she was a wonderful dog when my mother passed away we took her in to our home it took time but we fell in love with her she was a wonderful pet.My wife lainie she also took part in training her and she grew to love us. she was a very playful dog she always met me at the door when i came home from work and we always played with her.last month things started to change she was getting sick and stop eating her food and treats. we tried everything we thought it was maybe a stomach bug..after a while i felt under her tummy a lump and i new what it was.she didnt sleep as much and last night i stayed with her and i new something was wrong she looked at me with her beautiful eyes and i saw tears.i decided what i had to do friday morning i called my vet and took her down for her to be checked and he said that the tumors came back my wife and i were in tears we loved MeiLing very much ....she is now a angel in heaven with my mother. everyone please take care and love your pets. its a hard thing to loose them.
Hey I just read your post and want you to know how sorry I am to learn this about your little dog. I too have lost a pet and I know how emotionally painful it is- they are just like children.
Just to let you know, my own dog really needed to be put to sleep, but I kept hoping she would get better so I waited it out. Wrong thing for me to do. She didn't get better, she became worse, and she passed very painfully on her last leg.
You did the right thing for your beloved pet. I am sure she is resting in peace now, Take care of yourself and stay well. She knows you loved her.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM

4,558 posts, read 12,110,160 times
My heart goes out to anyone who has to make this decision on behalf of their pet, but you did the right thing, and I hope you find some solace in knowing that she is not in pain, and that you did the very best thing that you could for her...

I invite you to visit the memorial page I made for one of my dogs, and scroll down to "Living Love". Be sure to have tissues, you will need them. You may want to print Living Love, and read it through from time to time. I assure you that someday, you will reach "the fourth day", and you will find peace as well...

Now and Forever, These Pages are Dedicated to.....

Living Love
If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember...

Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 PM

449 posts, read 708,078 times
While checking out the City Forum headlines tonight, your posting caught my attention. I am so, so sorry for you and know exactly how you are feeling. It's not quite a year that I went through this also with Princess. If you haven't checked out the beautiful "Rainbow Bridge" story, do read it. You can find it on the forum or else Google it. It will bring you comfort.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:59 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,450,988 times
A little over a year ago, we had to make the same call. It's never anything but painful. Dogs ask so little of us, really, just safety and friendship, that to lose one is one of the hard things in life. Hang in there. Keep the good memories.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:11 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,361,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick64 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I know it doesnt give you much comfort right now, but someday you will see MeiLing again in heaven.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:13 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,531,978 times
My dog Angel, died in my arms at age 14, and was ok until the day b4, my dog Maggie, I had to do this
she was 10, and it was hard. I do have the ashes here, for them both. Why, I never, would let Maggie Go! Angel, was her best friend, so! I now do have a soon to be 8 year old dog, here, and think,
but am not ready to do dogs yet! My prayers are with you all! As you, the dog Angel, was a gift I did give to my Mom, and loved that sweet dog,
way too much! She may have given me the best gift, to let me see, her, go to heaven, and my Mom, without a question did take Angel, to ease my pain?

If I may make you smile, I do believe, the dog, Angel, is right there with St Peter, helping all dogs to heaven! Why, her name was Angel, and no soul,
but Angels are in heaven! Believe! I do-they have a spirit of goodness! I guess, your mother, did miss her dog, as , my mom with the dog Angel!
So this dog may be helping St Peter, and my Angel dog! Good help is real hard to get, even in heaven! I hope they let us in!

Last edited by maggiekate; 07-04-2009 at 12:03 AM..

Old 07-04-2009, 05:26 AM

12 posts, read 20,509 times
Default Had to put my dog to sleep...

Dear Nick and Wife,
I volunteer at the Animal Rescue League of Boston and am rushing to go today because there are not too many people available, but I needed to take a miniute and tell you how sorry, how very, very sorry I am about your loss. There is no way to describe your pain and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please hold on to each other and let the tears flow, remembering the special gift God brought you for a while and the many things your beautiful dog taught you. You two are better people because of her in your life, and she left you a lot of love behind: use it the way she would: wagging her tale with love and brightening other peoples' lives - every minute, right? I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you will soon feel a bit better. SUGGESTION: Get "A Dog Heaven," a beautifully illustrated and short book just for this time in your life. It's a MUST and most comforting: I promise.

Much love and sympathy,
Mary

Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 PM
bjh

30,802 posts, read 23,799,254 times
Yes, it is hard to lose pets. I'm sorry you lost your friend. Cherish the memories, look back with joy!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:29 PM

1,188 posts, read 4,965,439 times
Thanks for sharing your heart's love with us. I think it is beautiful that your mother is holding and caring MeiLing for you all! You know she is in good hands to you all meet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge