U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 36,162 times
Default Need a NO credit check rental home

I just got a job in Cary and i am moving from jacksonville nc with my children only problem is my ex husband nicely didnt pay for a rental home we had after i moved out and it left a nice judgment on my credit 5 yrs ago . does anyone know anywhere thats doesnt do credit checks or might be understanding? im looking for a 2-3 bedroom around 600$ or less and it can be a house/apartment or even mobile home. thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 AM

6,061 posts, read 8,874,998 times
Your bigger problem will be finding a decent place for $600 for a 2 or 3 bedroom.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM

11,151 posts, read 9,216,784 times
Craigslist is probably the best place for you to look.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM

3,199 posts, read 3,589,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdavis910 View Post
my ex husband nicely didnt pay for a rental home we had after i moved out and it left a nice judgment on my credit 5 yrs ago .
If you've been paying consistently on time for the past five years, you should be able to find an understanding landlord. To me as a landlord, that (and your employment) would be more important than a credit score.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 AM

791 posts, read 1,744,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Your bigger problem will be finding a decent place for $600 for a 2 or 3 bedroom.
Definitely! I don't know much about rentals in Cary, but in Durham, for that price, you're going to be in a rough neighborhood if it's a house. You may do a little better for that money in a well run complex, but that'll probably be the place that runs the credit check.

If I were you, I'd call some places and ask about the weight they give to the credit check before submitting your application and fee. I've had one company tell me that due to the current economy, they don't place as much weight on the credit check as they used to.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 AM

19,240 posts, read 29,636,612 times
A property manager who has to answer to a landlord will be much more negative, I think.
You are probably going to need to find a landlord who handles their own rentals.

You may find something in Cary at $600, but that will be difficult. 3 bedrooms will be extremely difficult.
Be VERY VERY careful on Craigslist. There are many scammers. Do not rent a unit from someone you cannot meet there. Do NOT wire money.
And, be suspicious if you think the rent is "too good to be true." It may not be true.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:47 AM

thanks i will defenitly ask them that, i found a bunch of 2 bed. apartments around my price range in cary but i was concerned about paying all these apps fee's for nothing. I didnt want to go broke trying to find a place LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
Definitely! I don't know much about rentals in Cary, but in Durham, for that price, you're going to be in a rough neighborhood if it's a house. You may do a little better for that money in a well run complex, but that'll probably be the place that runs the credit check.

If I were you, I'd call some places and ask about the weight they give to the credit check before submitting your application and fee. I've had one company tell me that due to the current economy, they don't place as much weight on the credit check as they used to.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM

you are correct there are alot of scammers on craigs list, i feel sorry for anyone who doesnt have common sense when shopping on craigs list

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
A property manager who has to answer to a landlord will be much more negative, I think.
You are probably going to need to find a landlord who handles their own rentals.

You may find something in Cary at $600, but that will be difficult. 3 bedrooms will be extremely difficult.
Be VERY VERY careful on Craigslist. There are many scammers. Do not rent a unit from someone you cannot meet there. Do NOT wire money.
And, be suspicious if you think the rent is "too good to be true." It may not be true.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:06 AM

171 posts, read 237,775 times
You can find a respectable 2 bedroom in a working class area for $600 if you look. If you're more of a suburban type, look for a North Raleigh or Cary apartment complex. If you prefer more a urban area, look for rentals near downtown Raleigh.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 AM

18 posts, read 27,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdavis910 View Post
I just got a job in Cary and i am moving from jacksonville nc with my children only problem is my ex husband nicely didnt pay for a rental home we had after i moved out and it left a nice judgment on my credit 5 yrs ago . does anyone know anywhere thats doesnt do credit checks or might be understanding? im looking for a 2-3 bedroom around 600$ or less and it can be a house/apartment or even mobile home. thanks
The rent will be your biggest problem.
You need to looking more around $700 for a 2-bed and $800 for a 3 bed.
You should find these without too much trouble.

Many apartments are screaming out for tenants and have relaxed their residency criteria to help with filling apartments.
This creates its own problems but it may help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary