Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:11 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,563,059 times

Advertisements

Moving to Clayton which has Walmart and Food Lion - but we always buy our meat and some other favorites at Kroger, and that is some distance away. Any other grocery store(s) in Clayton with good quality meat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 09:15 PM

242 posts, read 1,213,050 times
Lowes Foods isn't bad on business 70 near shotwell rd, right near the Rockin Comet Diner. Theres also BJ's within the white oak shopping center in garner that has decent meats. We usually get our meats in those places. We generally do not shop at food lion, except when we need something quick as it is closest to our home.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:53 AM

289 posts, read 489,288 times
I agree- Lowes Foods is best in the area for meats.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:20 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Food Lion has the sales and discount meats. But we also prefer Lowes for quality, especially seafood and cuts of beef other than ground chuck.

Beside going to Lowe's for the meat, Lowes tends to be much more than Food Lion and somewhat higher than Walmart in cost.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:37 AM

36 posts, read 37,375 times
No food chain stores in the area offer any quality or price. Get the meats at a Sams club or BJ's

Old 06-20-2010, 07:51 AM

492 posts, read 1,151,612 times
I agree, grocery store chains have yucky meat. I only buy fresh ground beef at Harris Teeter, never the prepacked stuff. I get steaks/chicken/pork at either Fresh Market or Costco.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 PM

892 posts, read 3,160,306 times
There is a country store at 9005 Cleveland Road that used to have the best meats. So good that I was surprised there was no slaughterhouse behind the gas station they share space with. Seriously. The place has new owners now so not sure if the meat is the same quality but well worth checking.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Another vote for Lowe's however, we tend to get more for our money at BJ's.

We bough this HUGE "log" of ground beef for $30. We divided it up into one pound bags and got about 12-15 meals out of it. We also bought a huge pork loin for $20 that we divided up into one inch cuts. Got several meals out of that. We also buy a huge bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $15 (individually wrapped too!). For us, BJ's works.

I will put my two cents in and suggest you DON'T buy your meats at Walmart. Our family tried a couple of times and got sick from it. Same thing with our neighbors and family friends. Maybe its just a fluke, and it was a couple of years ago, but I refuse to buy meat from there. Everything else, yes. Also skip the chinese buffet next to Walmart too. Kind of gross.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 AM

1,442 posts, read 2,563,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Another vote for Lowe's however, we tend to get more for our money at BJ's.

We bough this HUGE "log" of ground beef for $30. We divided it up into one pound bags and got about 12-15 meals out of it. We also bought a huge pork loin for $20 that we divided up into one inch cuts. Got several meals out of that. We also buy a huge bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $15 (individually wrapped too!). For us, BJ's works.

I will put my two cents in and suggest you DON'T buy your meats at Walmart. Our family tried a couple of times and got sick from it. Same thing with our neighbors and family friends. Maybe its just a fluke, and it was a couple of years ago, but I refuse to buy meat from there. Everything else, yes. Also skip the chinese buffet next to Walmart too. Kind of gross.
Don't worry - avoid walmart meat like the plague, FL isn't much better. Costco is ok, but HT and Kroger is usually (not always) a step above. We may just make a once or twice a month trip to Kroger for meat.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 AM

223 posts, read 566,452 times
I get the majority of my meats at BJ's. The quality is good and you can't beat the prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary