Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,353 times

Advertisements

I need help on finding the best DUI lawyer, i recently got a DUI and really am trying to get out of it, does anyone recommend or know who they think would be the best choice? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Best choice would be not to drink and drive?

Next best choice....

Usually having a high priced lawyer can help just because the courts see you spent a lot of money. Not always does this work.

Not sure about NC courts of if they are impressed with BIG $ representation.

Find a lawyer who knows a lot of court employees?

In the north country we all knew a lawyer or two who lavished court employees with "lunch" and a few season ticket seats to sporting events did not hurt.

Hopefully these tactics do not work here in NC simply because they only encourage folks to sin all week and ask forgiveness on Sunday...

Old 06-21-2010, 01:00 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhelp1 View Post
i recently got a DUI and really am trying to get out of it
Hahaha... yeah good luck with that in NC.

Take responsibility for your DUI. It's a serious offense. Use this as a learning experience.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 AM

450 posts, read 1,553,109 times
Wow, this was posted 10 hours ago and there aren't 3 pages of people lambasting the OP? I mean, someone asks about getting out of a speeding ticket on this forum and they have 50 people jump down their throat about it within an hour yet this post is quite tame. Maybe those people are on vacation?

OP, regardless of what anyone else says on these forums, feel confident in hiring a lawyer and trying to get as little punishment as possible for your offense. If just one other person out there is able to get off lightly, I see no reason that everyone shouldn't aspire for the same treatment. I hope you learned your lesson and won't be out drinking and driving again, tho.

As for where to find a lawyer, you will probably be bombarded with letters in the next week or two. Just start calling those lawyers and see which one you like best.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:41 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Everyone deserves representation.

Here's a very good and reasonably priced local lawyer (Will Webb) who handles DWI cases among other things:

Webb and Webb Attorneys at Law - Home - Traffic Law, Criminal Law & Workers Compensation Law. Wake County, Raleigh, NC

Old 06-21-2010, 06:43 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
ManningCrouch.com -- James Crouch -- it's a highly rated law firm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary