Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:16 PM

22 posts, read 59,276 times

Advertisements

We just bought in Clayton and have 4.125%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM

28 posts, read 72,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Spending millions of dollars in our area isn't the norm. I think that is why Hasentree had problems.

Reminds me of another n'hood that started at $1 million and then went bankrupt. It dropped to $500K and up and then many of the homes went past $1 million and it was fine. I hope Hassentree will recover fully.

Right now, Toll Brothers is building $800,000 and up. There is still a section of Hassentree being built by the custom builders.

I "heard" yesterday that interest rates dropped to 4.25%.

Vicki
Vicki - We are in South Fl & spending millions down here is not the norm either There is a neighborhood here that seems similar - Parkland golf & Country. They were hit hard with Chinese drywall & the slumping economy. Anyway, it seems like a good time to get a value in that type of neighborhood, right??

Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpneco View Post
Vicki - We are in South Fl & spending millions down here is not the norm either There is a neighborhood here that seems similar - Parkland golf & Country. They were hit hard with Chinese drywall & the slumping economy. Anyway, it seems like a good time to get a value in that type of neighborhood, right??
Oh, most definitely the time to buy is now, no matter what others may think. And I'm sure quite a few will want to argue this point! If you have the money, the interest rate is low and prices are down. Of course, none of us have a crystal ball so the questions remain...will prices continue to go down, will I lose my job, will the economy stablize?

I know you are thinking of buying a lot and you should get a good deal on that but can you imagine the deals out there on houses that builders are just sitting on that are over 1 million dollars?

Vicki

Old 06-28-2010, 06:06 AM

28 posts, read 72,540 times
I'm sure there are $1 million+ deals, but believe me, we aren't in the market for those!! We've seen some lots listed for under $200K.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:06 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpneco View Post
I'm sure there are $1 million+ deals, but believe me, we aren't in the market for those!! We've seen some lots listed for under $200K.
You have to agree to use one of the "preferred" builders when you build.

You have to abide by the covenants of minimum square footage.

There ARE restrictions on what you can and can't do with the lot that you buy so I'd advise you to do your research before you buy.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary