Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin' View Post
You can't be serious, that's the most lame excuse I've ever read. What's your excuse for Houston?...I noticed they didn't even make the list.
sarcasm - Definitions from Dictionary.com

You learned a new word today.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:43 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times
I think it is time to bury this thread and move on to bigger and better things......lifes too short!

Old 07-28-2007, 03:46 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Then wouldn't such a thread need some input from someone who is actually familar with Austin, or Texas, since many statements made here show ignorance about both. But you don't want a balancing view.

If anything, if I was an outsider familiar with neither Texas or North Carolina, the responses from the home crowd on this thread are more likely to repel me from the Triangle before anything the OP posted.

You have to be a moron to decide whether or not to make a life-changing decision, like moving across the country to an unfamiliar place, based on a single Internet posting.
Then wouldn't the OP have typed she needs a comparison of both areas??
Then your replies would have certaintly been justified with the comparisons
you wanted to make. Absolutely.
She was asking for more insight into this area known as NC as she was disappointed by what she found.

Come on, she is not basing it on a single internet posting, she visited and was asking for more input on the Triangle area after that particular visit. You know it, I know it.....and it magically turned into Austin vs the Triangle area....

Old 07-28-2007, 04:06 PM

to be clear....this thread was four or five pages long before I ever got to it - it's older than my city-data account and was a "vs." thread even before then.

I actually find the "vs." threads rather interesting as long as people don't get fanatical and defensive all the time. They are actually quite informative IMO, even to people who are just reading with a passing interest in getting a feel for another part of the country without actually visiting, as compared to a place you're familiar with.

But here, everything's either an attack or a defense. They're even jumping on the real estate agent in the Cary thread because he accidentally struck a nerve. You make a point people don't like and you get treated like you're in Jerusalem and you just ordered pork chops. This is not the way to convey the image of open-mindedness and inclusiveness that everyone tries to sell here.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:24 PM

The next person that adds to this thread, I will personally come over and beat them with a wet noodle! The horse is dead already...move on!

Old 07-28-2007, 04:48 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
The next person that adds to this thread, I will personally come over and beat them with a wet noodle! The horse is dead already...move on!

ok, am outta here,

Old 07-28-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post

ok, am outta here,
Only thing is... that looks a lot harder than a wet noodle! Ouch!

Old 07-28-2007, 05:56 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
This has been a very interesting thread and I've enjoyed it.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:19 PM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/austi...te-austin.html

Since Austin gets referred to on this thread as a "utopia" I figured I'd share this...look at the responses on that thread and then look at the ones here. Do you notice a difference?

People here have got to learn how to shrug off the negativity sometimes and not take it so seriously. The more people come in and take a look, there will be more people coming in not liking what they see. And it's perfectly OK. The strained infrastructure of the Triangle is better allocated to the growth among people who want to live there.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 22,563 times
It was ranked the best city in the country to live in this year, as stated on the Today show.....as is true of all things in life...some of us like places that others dont care for....and its a good thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary