Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 AM

123 posts, read 485,909 times

Advertisements

Where we live now - Minot North Dakota
Where we have lived (as adults) - Raleigh, Cary, Colorado Springs, Del Rio TX (hey Indigo me too!), Shreveport Louisiana, Pensacola Florida
Where we are going to live AGAIN starting July - Raleigh NC!! Go Pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 AM

122 posts, read 482,162 times
Where do you live now?
Wilmington, NC

Where have you lived before?
Akron, OH
Kent, OH
Morrisville, NC

What was your favorite place to live?
Kent, OH

What was your least favorites place to live?
Wilmington, NC

Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM

959 posts, read 4,492,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOltmans View Post
Where we live now - Minot North Dakota
Where we have lived (as adults) - Raleigh, Cary, Colorado Springs, Del Rio TX (hey Indigo me too!), Shreveport Louisiana, Pensacola Florida
Where we are going to live AGAIN starting July - Raleigh NC!! Go Pack.
What took you to Del Rio? Air Force Base? That's about all that draws people there to my knowledge. It's my home town but I'm glad I was mostly raised elsewhere b/c there wasn't much to do. I love Del Rio's dam area. I think it's amazing, and the sunsets out over the semi desert are gorgeous. Food's divine

Last edited by Indigoblue; 06-20-2007 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM

123 posts, read 485,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoblue View Post
What took you to Del Rio? Air Force Base? That's about all that draws people there to my knowledge. It's my home town but I'm very glad I was mostly raised elsewhere, for various reasons
Yep - we spent our first married year there, and have great memories of that time, though I have to say we were excited when it was time to leave, too! I thought I'd never eat at another Applebee's in my life - until we got stationed up here in Minot where the only restaurant is, you guessed it, Applebee's! We did love going to Lake Amistad (sp?) for boating etc. So beautiful!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 PM

920 posts, read 2,812,885 times
Where do you live now?
Portland, OR

Los Angeles, CA
Eugene, OR

Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM

20 posts, read 91,661 times
Where do you live now? - Chapel Hill NC

Campinas, Brazil
Santos, Brazil
Antigua West Indies
Tulsa, OK
Houston TX
Berkeley CA
New York NY
Ft Lauderdale FL
Greensboro NC
London UK

Berkeley - the Bay Area is just full of gorgeous places

Houston?
Tough question since most places have some beauty and some gift to offer if you look for it.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:13 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
Where do you live now? Holly Springs, NC
Where have you lived before? Germany, Canada, Illinois, Wisconsin, New Jersey
What was your favorite place to live? I liked certain aspects of almost every place I've lived
What was your least favorites place to live? Illinois

Old 06-20-2007, 01:33 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,154,094 times
Where do you live now? Long Island
Where have you lived before? State College, Pa; Williamsport, Pa; Long Island, NY
What was your favorite place to live? Williamsport, Pa. Although a depressed city I was there for college...what a time!! lol
What was your least favorites place to live? Long Island..when you need to drive off the island! Ughhh.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:32 PM

19 posts, read 60,292 times
Default jamaica,canada,usa

Where do you live now?
Westchester, NY

Beautiful island of JAMAICA
Toronto, Canada
Queens, NY
Long Island, NY (Stony Brook and Copaigue)
Manhattan, NY

Jamaica

Manhattan

Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,642,682 times
Where do you live now? Raleigh, NC
Where have you lived before? Miami, FL (born and raised), Gainesville, FL (college)
What was your favorite place to live? Since I've only been in Raleigh for 1 year, it is currently taking second place to Gainesville, but it could become my favorite over time
What was your least favorite place to live? Miami

I haven't lived in very many places, but the places I have lived have contrasted drastically with my hometown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary