Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 07:49 PM

110 posts, read 332,507 times

Advertisements

Yuck!!!

Our New Jersey vet warned us! So one dog is on Sentinel and Frontline Plus and the other on Revolution and Program. But the fleas are torturing us anyway. So...now what?

What do you do?

Can you recommend an exterminator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,662,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
Yuck!!!

Our New Jersey vet warned us! So one dog is on Sentinel and Frontline Plus and the other on Revolution and Program. But the fleas are torturing us anyway. So...now what?

What do you do?

Never have had a problem as long as doggie stays on Frontline. Not sure what to say....do you have them in your house?

Old 06-20-2007, 08:03 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,028,885 times
Interesting as well, because we never had a problem with them! Our dog got fleas once from being a beach house, but once we treated him we were fine.

Did you move into a new house or a resale house? If it is a resale, did the previous owners have an animal? When we sold our last house, the new buyers asked us to have the house bombed for fleas (they had a previous problem in their old house), we had our exterminator come and he asked specifically if we had seen a flea in the house (no we had not) so they did a different kind of treatment. He told me to treat a house with fleas they put flea bombs out and you cannot be in the house for a couple of hours after they are released.

I think most pest companies can deal with fleas.

Leigh

Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,961,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
Yuck!!!

What do you do?

I'm more of a fan of Advantage, because it kills the fleas much faster. Frontline did nothing for my dog. Florida is even worse than here for fleas and my dog is severely allergic - as long as I kept her on advantage year round it was fine. My vet told me the advantage on the dog can kill fleas on the bedding too.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:05 PM

185 posts, read 991,827 times
I thought fleas were a fact of life everywhere with dogs. if you have your dogs on those flea programs, which it sounds like you do. Then I would guess that they are in your house.

when we had them in our house we had to do sprayings in the house to get rid of the fleas and also the eggs. if it was me, I'd call an exterminator and be prepared for a follow up extermination.

good luck.

Oh and in ny state they take the dogs off of the flea stuff for the winter months, talk to your vet but you might need to keep your dogs on it all year round due to climate differences.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:16 PM

110 posts, read 332,507 times
The vet said to use the Frontline every three weeks!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:22 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,685,003 times
We use Frontline Plus, have had dogs for nearly 20 years, and have never had a flea problem either in CT, NH, or here. They're on it year-round. Have cats also, and they aren't treated with anything. They are indoor cats, and never had problem with them, either. The people who lived here before (this is a 4 yr old home) had a dog, and the house is clean as whistle.

So, if there were any fleas that got into the carpeting, it's possible they were undetected and multiplied. Bombing the house is easy and will get rid of everything, not just fleas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary