U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:55 AM

1,465 posts, read 2,296,564 times

Advertisements

Taylor's Wine Shop on Six Forks has it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 02:28 PM

35 posts, read 96,274 times
It's been removed

Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,317,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Here is an interesting article about mexican coke.

Taste Test: Is Mexican Coke Better? - Food on Shine
Interesting article. It's like when they serve people elite "bottled water" that is really from the tap and everyone is convinced it is better. I would like to see them do that with coffee to see if people could really tell the difference between McDonalds and some of the high priced stuff.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:09 AM

3,668 posts, read 3,461,617 times
I found this database which has some locations across the country. Mexican Coca-Cola: Where to buy bottled coke with real cane sugar

There is a convenience store on Raleigh st in Angier that sells Mexican Coke as well as Sprite and maybe something else I can't remember. Business takes me by there every couple of weeks so I stop and pick a couple up. I try to limit sodas but when I want a treat and decide to have the calories, I want it to taste as good as possible and sugar Coke is just better tasting to me.

I think the Kosher Coke and Mexican Coke is the same. I think it's the same most places around the world except for here and maybe Canada actually. We're special due to the corn subsidies making it cheaper. Maybe if the drought gets to where it really does make corn more expensive they will reconsider.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM

223 posts, read 332,063 times
Thanks to the BurgerFi thread I found Mexican Coke at Costco today!

It was just under $19 for 24 bottles. Pricier than "regular" Coke, but the smile on my wife's face when she saw me carry it in was completely worth it!

Maybe it is just my imagination, but I swear it tastes better...sweeter. Love the glass bottle too!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 PM

2,574 posts, read 4,431,590 times
Do they still offer this at Costco?
The gas station at Carpenter Firestation and Hwy 55 seems to go through them quick...so I settled for a Mexican Fresca and Mexican Fanta

Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 PM

752 posts, read 826,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
Do they still offer this at Costco?
The gas station at Carpenter Firestation and Hwy 55 seems to go through them quick...so I settled for a Mexican Fresca and Mexican Fanta
Yes they do - at least at the Raleigh one on Wake Forest. In the back with all the other sodas, right next to the American coke/Sprite in glass bottles.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 PM

313 posts, read 206,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
This is not what I thought this thread was going to be about.
Whoa. Kay glad I wasn't the only one kinda like "whaaaa"

Old 09-11-2013, 10:47 AM

6 posts, read 19,702 times
I was shopping at Sam's Club, the South Saunders location, last weekend and they still have a few crates. You'll have to go way back in the far corner of the store, where the fringe beverages are, but they're there. Glass bottles. Case of 12, I believe.

Now, if anyone can tell me where to find grape-flavored Canada Dry ginger ale around here like they have up in New Jersey/New York, I would be highly appreciative.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM

66 posts, read 67,383 times
No if I could just find some Pepsi Throwback. It is really for the same reason. I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do I'd like for it to not have HFCS in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary