Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:54 PM

14 posts, read 41,386 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in the planned community Heritage or Bedford at Falls River? These are two very nice communities that I have been looking to relocate to. I'm wondering if anyone has moved here and if they can tell me if the community organizes activities to help new comers meet the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 08:57 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,663,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthFork View Post
Does anyone live in the planned community Heritage or Bedford at Falls River? These are two very nice communities that I have been looking to relocate to. I'm wondering if anyone has moved here and if they can tell me if the community organizes activities to help new comers meet the others.
Lots of people from Long Island live in Heritage...but it's not Long Island. No, the 'community' does not oragainze activities for 'newcomers'. It's called making friends and not everyone that lives in Heritage is from somewhere else.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
I have sold homes in both neighborhoods and can tell you that they are wonderful neighborhoods with lots of activities.

I know that in Bedford, there are a few groups that plan "pot luck" dinners and 4th of July Picnics. Heritage in Wake Forest has a newsletter that posts the different activities for the residents. You may be able to go online and see what both have to offer.

Otherwise, I think a few people do actually live in the neighborhoods and hopefully will speak up to give you first hand knowledge.

Vicki

Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I have sold homes in both neighborhoods and can tell you that they are wonderful neighborhoods with lots of activities.

I know that in Bedford, there are a few groups that plan "pot luck" dinners and 4th of July Picnics. Heritage in Wake Forest has a newsletter that posts the different activities for the residents. You may be able to go online and see what both have to offer.

Otherwise, I think a few people do actually live in the neighborhoods and hopefully will speak up to give you first hand knowledge.

Vicki
Yes, Heritage does have lots of activities/events/things published in their newsletter. It's one of things that make Hertiage unique...very social. However, they are for all residents......newcomers from other states, natives of NC and folks that have lived there for years.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:21 AM

551 posts, read 1,874,654 times
My daughter lives in Bedford and I am closing on my house there this week. I do think it is a nice community. My daughter made a lot of friends when she moved down from Virginia, but I don't know about anything for newcomers. I think you can get a pdf of their newsletter on their website, Bedford At Falls River. I think it is a good idea, moving to a whole new place, to really have a plan on how you are going to meet people because as adults it is less likely that we will necessarily hit it off with the neighbors. Without getting too personal about myself, I play tournament bridge and know people in Raleigh from that. Will probably continue to go to tournaments around the country. My daughter/husband and grandkids are there and I will spend lots of time with them. I went to meetup.com and joined a couple of groups that were directed to my interests. I am planning to take some college classes in Italian, because I like it and want to keep studying more -- history and literature. I have looked at churches in my area and have tentatively chosen a couple that might suit. My personal plans are just an example and probably more than most people would want since I am retired. I guess my point is if you are going to relocate to a totally new place it will probably require some planning to meet people with whom you will be compatible.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:22 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
What price range are these homes? I drove by there when we visited, it looked like a great community. Everyone was out by the pool which kind of looked like a little water park for the younger ones.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
What price range are these homes? I drove by there when we visited, it looked like a great community. Everyone was out by the pool which kind of looked like a little water park for the younger ones.
Heritage? There are townhomes in 200k range. Homes....not sure what some of the smaller lotted resales are going for....mid 200ks maybe?

Prices go up from there. Pool membership is extra.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:30 AM

551 posts, read 1,874,654 times
In Bedford there are single family homes ranging from the low 200s to somewhere up there, I don't know because I wasn't looking at any thing that high. I am not sure about the prices of townhouses. It is a great community for young kids though, great pool, lots of parks, all sidewalks, etc.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:08 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
I guess it's out of my price range. I thought it would be. It's nice though. It was kind of cookie cutter to me which I don't prefer.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,085,750 times
Thumbs up Thumbs up to Heritage

If Heritage was designed to appeal to people from the Northeast then it’s a complete success. Yes most of the lots are relatively small, for people that are looking for acreage, but the price of admission will probably guarantee that undesirables don’t move in. Heritage is even nicer than when I first moved to Wake Forest in mid 2003 now that a new Harris Teeter has opened there. It’s a very nice mostly self contained community that’s close to just about everything. I highly recommend it although I feel that potential buyers can negotiate prices now that houses are sitting unsold longer.

Oh, for those from my home state of Maryland, Harris Teeter is the equivalent of Safeway; a little pricey but worthwhile when looking for fresh produce. You can even get half way decent sushi there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary