Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Are there such places?
You don't need a gun in Durham.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:35 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
My ploy worked......bring out all of the sensitive Durhamites and have them hype up the areas in which they live so I can get some good feedback......hahahahaha the evil genius has struck again!! Just kidding, I do appreciate the info as yes Durham has a bad rep but being that I am from in between Baltimore and DC I am not in the mood to move to an area where the crime starts invading the suburbs. Criminals have cars too, most likely stolen :-)

Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,059,173 times
Tluv00, I understand the joke you were trying to make, but I hope you can also understand why some Durhamites may not see it as very funny. The city gets such a bad rap - one it definitely doesn't deserve. Obviously you already know that Durham is great since you're planning on moving here. But other people still need some convincing. The problem is that there are a lot of people out there who will just read the title of this thread, but will not read the thread's contents. Unfortunately, the thread title leaves them with a very striking impression of the city. Next thing you know, they're chatting at the watercooler, saying "Is it true that you need to own a gun to live in Durham?!?! How does anybody live in that town?!" and the vicious cycle continues ...

But we can't change the thread title now, so let's move on.

Yes, there are tons of wonderful, safe neighborhhods in Durham. Previous posters listed the main areas I would recommend. You just need to get out there and find the place that feels like home to you. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:34 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,803 times
Just try and not hang out in the area east of downtown, and you'll be fine. If you do a search on the forum it's a pretty specific section, and really I just stay away from the side streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary