U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:57 AM

3,033 posts, read 6,143,965 times

Advertisements

One tree is expensive. The more trees, the lower the cost/tree. Most of the cost in removing a tree is bringing in the heavy equipment and labor. Once they're there, then it's easy to move on to the next tree.

We had 5 trees taken down when we built our addition but our neighbor wanted trees taken down too, so we approached the tree company as a unit and he gave us a lower cost/tree price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 12:45 PM

7,473 posts, read 14,754,950 times
OK, the guy's name I mentioned above is Derwin Young. He's not the most "people person" I've ever met, but he did a good job. I think it's called "Young's Tree Service".

When they came, they came in full force! Tone of guys and trucks and stump grinders, shredders. They took up like 1/2 the street. It was fascinating to watch. He also told me that the price depends on how time consuming the job is and how difficult it is, not just "price per tree", so I guess every's estimates are all different depending on the job.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 24,214 times
It sounds high to me call tim at 877-tree-guy . He'll give you a good deal.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 AM

560 posts, read 1,954,651 times
Below link includes the after pictures of tree removal with new shed and a couple of other projects I have been working.

Scimeca Projects (http://www.thescimecas.com/projects.htm - broken link)

Old 07-25-2007, 04:56 AM

9,125 posts, read 23,748,232 times
I couldn't get 30 stumps ground in NJ for $3,100- yet alone take the trees down.....lol. We paid $2,800 a few years ago to take down two big oaks and have the stumps ground. Granted, they were larger than the pines in the pic, but $3,100 still sounds like quite a good deal.

Bob

Old 07-25-2007, 04:59 AM

1,219 posts, read 2,761,343 times
I think it sounds about right. My parents had a bunch of pines taken down for $3000 a few years ago.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 PM

1,232 posts, read 2,649,215 times
Default Adding question: What to look for with insurance?

Has anyone ever followed up on a tree person's insurance credentials prior to enlisting them? What does one look for in the insurance policy? Are they required to be insured by a company based here in NC?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,538,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
Got a quote to remove about thirty trees from back yard to round off tree line so that if I wanted to expand deck off of the back of the house there would still be plenty of lawn left for kids and what not. Also, removing some skinny pines out in the middle of yard that don't really look right there and block activities. This also includes removing a fallen tree next to driveway. All stumps ground down and graded in preparation for seed.

Price is $3100, is it good? I am thinking it isn't horrible.
I mean no offense by this, but......

1. Home Depot, good chainsaw $175.00
2. Google searches on how to fall a tree.
3. Practice on a few smaller trees.
4. Gas oil, $5.00
5. Rope to guide those close trees.

A few friends to help, long day $180.00 job done.

Strip away branches and cut main body of tree into 2 ft chunks, then stack into pile at front of home, near street.

Put an ad on craigslist for firewood (estimate 31 trees= 3 cords wood) It will be gone in an hour. Make $450 profit.

This is how I would do it.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,961,525 times
Yes, that is high. Try Traynor Tree. Scott Traynor always has really good rates- I've been using him for years. And I probably get about 40 - 50 trees taken down a year (this is for about 20 neighborhoods, not my house).

Old 11-18-2008, 10:55 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,961,525 times
Default Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
Has anyone ever followed up on a tree person's insurance credentials prior to enlisting them? What does one look for in the insurance policy? Are they required to be insured by a company based here in NC?
For work, we confirm they have liability, auto, and workers comp. I keep a list of preferred vendors that I'm happy to share. It covers things like arborists, landscapers, plumbers, carpenters, etc. It's helpful when we have to hire someone for an emergency and don't have time to bid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary